The Photo Lab Technician is responsible for operating all photo laboratory equipment in order to print on-board the highest quality photographs, following company policies.
- Operates all photo laboratory equipment on board, troubleshooting machine issues and malfunctions;
- Ensure the prints are high quality, exceeding guests' expectations;
- Plans, controls and monitors the laboratory stock and notifies the Photo Manager and Fleet Supervisor should any issue arise;
- Keeps the laboratory and storage area in a clean and organised state.
- Fluent English and at least another language, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and French);
- Professional certificates preferred but not essential;
- At least 2 years' experience working with laboratory equipment, supplies and materials; Experience with photo chemistry and emulsions;
- High level of hardware and software knowledge, and in-depth knowledge of main photo editing softwares;
- Ability to work independently;
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organisation skills.
Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.