Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company. With currently over 100 hotels in South Asia the hospitality chain has 15 brands in over 33 cities across India as well as operations in Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh. The hotel chain prides itself on its progressive and ‘employee centric’ culture and has been rated as one of the ‘Great Places to Work’ year on year across several industry surveys.
The Director of Field Marketing will support hotels in generating profitable revenue to increase RevPAR, market share and increase brand awareness by fully leveraging marketing programs both at a pan-region level and at the property level. The Director of Field Marketing will support the Area Director of Marketing’s efforts and vision to understand and apply consumer insights into marketing plans and deliverables, confirm that marketing activities are aligned with the overall business objectives during need periods and maximize efficiency of marketing spends. An ‘entrepreneurial’ mindset is critical to creatively strategize campaigns and initiatives to give the umbrella ‘Marriott’ brand and the brands within the portfolio the visual dominance in the public domain. This position will also closely work with the regional brand teams to ensure that the global vision is applied and translated via marketing mediums in South Asia. As Marriott continues its growth journey across South Asia, this role will be strategically involved in the marketing, PR and digital activities associated with launching a new hotel. This requires an ability to survey market dynamics and tailor make plans to suit the uniqueness each city/brand/location demands.
Key accountability areas include:
Developing and implementing strategic plans based on business objectives and demand generation opportunities
Executing and ensuring pull through of marketing programs, channels, platforms and initiatives.
30% to 40% of time will be spent travelling
Education and Experience
- Post-graduate degree in marketing management preferred.
- At least 10 years of marketing experience demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in corporate marketing communications, advertising agency, or digital agencies.
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience, including awareness of search engines and web optimization tactics.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work autonomously given geographic
- Demonstrates ability to develop and implement successful marketing strategies
- Demonstrates ability to maintain and grow business of hotels with effective marketing plans and programs.
- Proven track record of excelling in previous marketing role and providing consistent high level marketing leadership.
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives) and external agencies.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks for multiple stakeholders.
- Capable of listening and counseling stakeholders on best approach, including what non-value add efforts to drop.
- Displays creativity, initiative, and leadership skills and demonstrates working knowledge of all tasks within area of responsibility
- Strong knowledge/experience in digital marketing – ability to apply latest trends etc in providing the best mix for the business objective at hand
- Understands how to apply and leverage corporate marketing programs, platforms, and tools.
- Job type
- Mumbai, India
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible