Bridges from School to Work (Bridges) is currently seeking an Employer Representative (ER) for our New York city site. The ER role involves collaborating with NYC high schools to identify, recruit and enroll young adults who receive special education services. After enrollment, you will work with the young adults and a variety of local employers to create successful employment matches with potential for long-term job retention. ERs are evaluated on the number of participants placed and retained in employment, and by the quality of all services delivered.
- Assess skills, interests, and aptitudes of youth.
- Identify employment-related barriers and create specific, practical strategies to address them.
- Develop relationships with local businesses that can offer jobs consistent with employment objectives of participants.
- Provide appropriate pre- and post-placement support to both youth and employers to optimize employment success and vocational growth.
- Achieve job placement and retention quotas.
Empathizer—You listen to the goals and objectives of both young adults and employers to help them achieve mutually beneficial employment outcomes. You seek to understand.
Communicator— You demonstrate cultural competence in adapting your communication style to different audiences. You gather needed information and share resources easily. Activator—You drive for results. You enjoy turning challenges into opportunities. Job placement outcomes are important, and so are your contributions to the team and the program overall.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Goal-oriented high achiever
- Strategic and organized
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the unpredictable
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle for transporting youth
- Can balance autonomy with producing quality results
- Demonstrates integrity and accountability
Since 1989, Bridges from School to Work (Bridges) has been dedicated to transforming the lives of young adults with disabilities through the power of a job. Bridges has placed over 23,000 young adults in competitive, integrated jobs, 80% of whom remained on the job for at least 90 days.
Bridges is a program of the Marriott Foundation for People with Disabilities.
- Job type
- New York, NY, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible