Responsible for daily operations of Leisure Club. Directs employee to successfully execute Leisure Club operations, including all programs and services. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Leisure Club Team
• Ensures staff is trained on all brand standard operating procedures.
• Selects vendors for the club’s retail operations and manages contract agreements.
• Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
• Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
• Ensures all club equipment is in good condition and receives regular maintenance (e.g., steamers, electronic massage and facial tables, soaking tubs, pedicure chairs, magnifying mirrors, towel cabbies, nail dryers, UV sterilizers).
• Maintains cleanliness of the club and related areas and equipment.
• Identifies and recommends new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
• Develops and implements employee incentive programs for up selling and retail commission programming.
• Ensures service charges (based on house sales) are properly distributed to employees.
• Works collaboratively with area Directors of Leisure to share service and product ideas.
• Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on guest incidents. Ensures corrective measures are implemented to prevent a reoccurrence.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in all safety and emergency procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the brand's accident prevention policy.
• Fosters teamwork and communication among different departments.
Managing Departmental Finances
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance. Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Performs payroll functions for commissioned service providers.
• Manages department controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Participates in the development of departmental capital expenditure goals.
• Adjusts services and staffing levels to meet customer demand and budget expectations.
• Ensures cash handling control policies are in place and followed by all Club employees.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall hotel financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Participates in the budgeting process for the club and related areas.
• Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
Managing Sales and Revenue Management Activities
• Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
• Educates staff on ways to up sell the services and products offered at the club.
• Makes decisions on pricing of services and retail merchandise based on local market research and cost analysis.
• Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special club services for specific groups and club contract addendum negotiation.
• Works with the Sales team to conduct site visits for the club.
• Attends company sales functions and corporate partnership events.
• Makes sales calls to local businesses to drive membership enrollments.
• Conducts outside sales solicitations for individual club memberships and services.
• Attends pre/post convention meetings to understand group needs, set appropriate expectations and gather critical information to communicate to areas of responsibility
• Participates in weekly sales strategy forecast meeting to anticipate service and staffing needs.
• Attends scheduled projection meetings to anticipate long term planning needs.
• Develops and manages club promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
• Ensures club services are included in all hotel-related marketing and advertising.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Supports the development, training, and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee's needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Determines guest's needs, and strives to meet these needs.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
•Adaptability- Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
•Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
•Problem Solving and Decision Making- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
•Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
•Building and Contributing to Teams- Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
•Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
•Planning and Organizing- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
•Coworker Relationships- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
•Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
•Global Mindset- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
•Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
•Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
•Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
•Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
•Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
oGenerating Enthusiasm- The ability to convey energy and enthusiasm for recreation activities and to share that enthusiasm and excitement with other employees and guests.
oGroup Activity Planning- The ability to identify, create, and/or develop unique and creative activities that are enjoyable and safe for guests. This includes knowledge of activities that are appropriate and interesting for different target groups (e.g., children of various ages, older adults, males, females) and at a variety of activity levels.
•Basic Competencies- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
oBasic Computer Skills- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
oMathematical Reasoning- Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
oOral Comprehension- Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
oReading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
oWriting - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
- Recreation & Leisure
- Starting in
- As soon as possible