Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Fix minor plumbing problems such as unclogging drains and plunging toilets. Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls. Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities. Communicate with guests/customers when necessary to resolve maintenance issues.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and assist individuals with disabilities. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladder. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
· Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand standard to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Move up and down a ladder.
· Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
· Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
· Use company reporting system (Transcendent) to perform and report work assigned.
· Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.
· Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
· Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
· Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls.
· Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
Maintain Building and Property
· Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
· Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
Maintain Records or Logs
· Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
Coordinate with Others
· Communicate with customers when necessary to resolve maintenance issues.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Northampton, United Kingdom
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible