GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings family.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
THE BRANDS OF NCLH
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
www.ncl.com www.oceaniacruises.com www.rssc.com
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Second Electrician is responsible for supporting the maintenance of all electrical equipment and systems as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer to ensure safe operation, environmental protection and passenger comfort.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of any electrical systems onboard as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Must have a good knowledge of the electrical equipment in the hotel and galley areas.
- Responsible for reporting any concerns with the electrical systems to the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Must have initiative, be proficient in electrical trouble shooting, solve electrical problems and work independently.
- Must know the location of all the major distribution panels, in order to be able to shut down power in the event of any failures, fire or maintenance work.
- The Second Electrician must be familiar with safety routines and ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place before any maintenance/repair work commences.
- Awareness of Class Rules and industry standards and the implications of any modifications to electrical systems.
- Must be familiar with the Safety Management System including his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years prior experience repairing and maintaining electrical equipment and systems onboard a vessel or in a similar industry is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian celebrates a corporate history of industry firsts, including being the first cruise line to offer weekly departures to the Caribbean from Miami and the first to offer youth-specific onboard programs and also onboard WiFi. In an ever-changing world, Norwegian remains a leader in the industry for providing premium guest experiences on cruises across the globe. Nobody does it better. Norwegian introduced Freestyle Cruising, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on a relaxed, resort-style cruise vacation. Our award-winning fleet of purpose-built ships – the youngest and most innovative at sea –visits more than 230 destinations worldwide.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family! We’ll proudly welcome Norwegian Bliss to our fleet in Summer 2018, with several more vessels are scheduled through 2025. Recently, Norwegian was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the ninth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” for the fourth time and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fifth year by the World Travel Awards. Norwegian Cruise Line is officially listed on the NYSE, trading under the ticker symbol “NCLH” (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd).
Read more about Norwegian on our website:http://www.ncl.com
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible