GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings family.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
THE BRANDS OF NCLH
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
www.ncl.com www.oceaniacruises.com www.rssc.com
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Assistant Cook is responsible for delivering products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to USPH/FDA guidelines. Assistant Cooks are responsible for batch, a la minute, and line cooking techniques. He/she reports directly to the Chef Tournant. The Assistant Cook is responsible for following all standardized recipes and notifying the Chef Tournant or Cook of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients. The Assistant Cook is responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean at all times.
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for station
• Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
• Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
• Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
• Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
• Maintains USPH/FDA standards for station
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Minimum one year experience preparing food in the following methods is required: roast, broil, braise, sauté, fry and grill (including breakfast items
• Minimum one year experience working in a food production and/or line capacity is required.
• Minimum one year experience in a high volume hot production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate
• Minimum of six months experience in basic cooking techniques and skills, such as knife skills, basic cuts, and all cooking methods is required.
• Minimum of six months experience in using/operating basic culinary equipment such as a steamer, fryer, kettles, and robocoup is required.
• High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Two year degree from a recognized culinary education establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian celebrates a corporate history of industry firsts, including being the first cruise line to offer weekly departures to the Caribbean from Miami and the first to offer youth-specific onboard programs and also onboard WiFi.In an ever-changing world, Norwegian remains a leader in the industry for providing premium guest experiences on cruises across the globe. Nobody does it better. Norwegian introduced Freestyle Cruising, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on a relaxed, resort-style cruise vacation. Our award-winning fleet of purpose-built ships – the youngest and most innovative at sea –visits more than 230 destinations worldwide.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
We’ll proudly welcome Norwegian Bliss to our fleet in Summer 2018, with several more vessels are scheduled through 2025. Recently, Norwegian was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the ninth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” for the fourth time and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fifth year by the World Travel Awards. Norwegian Cruise Line is officially listed on the NYSE, trading under the ticker symbol “NCLH” (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd).
Read more about Norwegian on our website: http://www.ncl.com
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration