GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings family.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
THE BRANDS OF NCLH
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
www.ncl.com www.oceaniacruises.com www.rssc.com
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible to Technical Inventory Controller, Chief Engineer and Staff Chief Engineer for administering the inventory.
- Assists the TIC in maintaining an orderly and rational storage system, continuous updating of spare parts, material and consumable stores.
- Assists in receiving all stores for engine department. Making sure received parts are labeled correctly and placed in their designated area in storage rooms as soon as possible, max 72 hours after receipt onboard, and that parts are marked accordingly to its store location utilizing the AMOS system.
- Assists the TIC when received parts are controlled against purchase order and received in the AMOS system.
- Assists the TIC in keeping the AMOS System up to date at all times on the spare parts and purchasing side. Responsible to maintain the integrity of the stores and the accuracy of inventory, quantity and location, thus the stores must never be left un-attended.
- Assist the TIC in maintaining the stores in clean and tidy condition, paying attention to spare gear held on long-term basis.
- Preventing spares and tools from being damaged due to poor handling or exposure to moisture.
- Any spillage or cause of pollution is promptly reported and adequately controlled and cleaned.
- Implement all safe working practices in all tasks, including proper use of watertight doors, handling of chemical products and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Graduate of Technical education, preferably maritime experience as Oiler, Motorman or Repairman.
- Experience on vessels in equivalent position.
- Technical Storekeepers from related industry can be considered.
- Must have good computer skills and computer literate in Microsoft Word & Excel. And AMOS Planned Maintenance System.
- Fluent in English (Written and Verbal)
- Knowledge of the Company SMS.
- Must be familiar with the PCH SMS Policy, including his responsibilities in safety organization according to the Station Bill & Emergency Plan and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Skills including but not limited to team work and engine room experience
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance
- To be able to meet all pre joining requirements.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian celebrates a corporate history of industry firsts, including being the first cruise line to offer weekly departures to the Caribbean from Miami and the first to offer youth-specific onboard programs and also onboard WiFi.
In an ever-changing world, Norwegian remains a leader in the industry for providing premium guest experiences on cruises across the globe. Nobody does it better. Norwegian introduced Freestyle Cruising, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on a relaxed, resort-style cruise vacation. Our award-winning fleet of purpose-built ships – the youngest and most innovative at sea –visits more than 230 destinations worldwide. As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
We’ll proudly welcome Norwegian Bliss to our fleet in Summer 2018, with several more vessels are scheduled through 2025. Recently, Norwegian was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the ninth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” for the fourth time and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fifth year by the World Travel Awards. Norwegian Cruise Line is officially listed on the NYSE, trading under the ticker symbol “NCLH” (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd).
Read more about Norwegian on our website:http://www.ncl.com
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible