GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. Holdings
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
With a combined fleet of 26 ships with approximately 54,400 berths, these brands of NCLH offer itineraries to more than 450 destinations worldwide.
The Company will introduce seven additional ships through 2025, with an option to introduce two additional ships for delivery in 2026 and 2027.
The combined brands of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. employ over 30,000 shipboard crew from over 110 different countries.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA MUST BE UNITED STATED CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS(GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.
Are you looking for a fantastic job on the high seas? Apply to live and work on Norwegian Cruise Line M/S Pride of America which has a year-round Hawaiian itinerary. Inaugurated in 2005, the Pride of America is the only large passenger US-flagged vessel. To take a 360 virtual tour of the ship, click here: http://bit.ly/1TGOyGW
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Disc Jockey is under the direction of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director. The Disc Jockey is responsible for the musical entertainment in the nightclub of all guests and assisting with bar promotions in the nightclub onboard the ship.
- Assists in leading any of the scheduled social, entertainment or recreational activities, insuring that each event takes place promptly as scheduled.
- Responsible for setting the appropriate atmosphere through the use of pre-recorded music for any assigned activities, with specific responsibilities in the nightclub.
- Maintain, store, and keep accurate/updated inventory of all musical CDs and supplies provided by NCL/NCLA.
- Manages the training process of all new Disc Jockeys.
- Each Disc Jockey must have the ability to serve as an effective Master of Ceremonies.
- Each Disc Jockey must have the ability to work as a team member in cooperation with other Cruise Staff members, as well as with all other shipboard departments.
- It is the responsibility of the Disc Jockey to be accessible and approachable with the guests. He/she must be capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feels at home.
- Assist with private parties and functions.
- Assist with any guest requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a disc jockey in various entertainment venues is required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience serving as a Master of Ceremonies is required.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Minimum of one year basic experience with mixing old and current music and the ability to mix for dancing is required.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) as well as a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC). In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Reasonably Clear Background
- High school diploma or GED or foreign equivalent is required.
- Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty, personable, and articulate.
- Must be service-oriented and have the ability to take direction.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably, Norwegian revolutionized the cruise industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation on their schedule with no set dining times, a variety of entertainment options and no formal dress codes. Today, Norwegian invites guests to enjoy a relaxed, resort- style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea with a wide variety of accommodations options, including The Haven by Norwegian®, a luxury enclave with suites, private pool and dining, concierge service and personal butlers. Norwegian Cruise Line sails around the globe, offering guests the freedom and flexibility to explore the world on their own time and experience up to 27 dining options, award-winning entertainment, superior guest service and more across all of the brand’s 16 ships.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2018, Oceania Cruises is the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line’s six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days.
REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers the industry’s most inclusive luxury experience aboard its all-suite fleet. Seven Seas Mariner’s 2018 dry-dock refurbishment will conclude the line’s $125 million refurbishment program to elevate the elegance of the whole fleet to the standard set by Seven Seas Explorer. In early 2020, Regent will perfect luxury with the launch of Seven Seas Splendor. A voyage with Regent Seven Seas Cruises includes all-suite accommodations, round-trip air, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, sightseeing excursions in every port, gratuities, ground transfers and a pre-cruise hotel package for guests staying in concierge-level suites and higher.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible