GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. Holdings
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
With a combined fleet of 26 ships with approximately 54,400 berths, these brands of NCLH offer itineraries to more than 450 destinations worldwide.
The Company will introduce seven additional ships through 2025, with an option to introduce two additional ships for delivery in 2026 and 2027.
The combined brands of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. employ over 30,000 shipboard crew from over 110 different countries.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Shore Excursion Manager directs and coordinates activities of the onboard Shore Excursions office in accordance with identified company goals to obtain premium efficiency, economy of operations, and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for the entire operation of the shipboard Shore Excursion program.
- Works at the shore Excursion desk; pier and/or remote location for tour sales, assist guests, answers question as well as manages these areas.
- Plans, develops, and implements organization policies and goals.
- Directs and coordinates promotion of excursions.
- Monitors excursions that sell out and finds alternatives to be presented to the Product Manager.
- Strives to achieve and exceed budgeted figures as well as Guest Service goals.
- Works closely with Tour Operators in the ports to review past and future progress.
- Inspects new excursions in ports, and monitors tours on a rotating basis in order to constantly review quality control.
- Communicates clearly and directly with employees concerning performance reviews and expectations, productivity, and accountability.
- Responsible for training new hire staff and recruiting suitable candidates to fill the Assistant Shore Excursion Manager position.
- Supervises, coaches, and evaluates Shore Excursion staff and Assistant Manager.
- Attends VIP and Latitudes events onboard as required by onboard management.
- Assist with other onboard activities such as but not limited to Pier Welcome Back, Officer and Department Head Visibility and Guest Engagement as required by onboard management.
- Responsible for all content regarding Shore Excursion Order and Description forms.
- Responsible for generating revenue reports and End of Voyage information including notable events that happened during the cruise.
- Maintains and sources inventory of available tours on a cruise by cruise basis and updates the computers system accordingly.
- Must be able to provide effective Shore Excursion briefings and conduct Q & A sessions with guests and colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum two years of sales experience in hotels, hospitality, cruise ships, or a related service-oriented industry is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Fidelio, AS400, Mac OS) is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of a wide range of itineraries, ports and tours required.
- Basic ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, Italian, German, or French is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of numbering flow “debits/credits”, adjusting entries and corrections is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or foreign equivalent is preferred.
- Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
- Excellent public relations and public speaking skills.
- Well-organized and possesses excellent managerial skills.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably, Norwegian revolutionized the cruise industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation on their schedule with no set dining times, a variety of entertainment options and no formal dress codes. Today, Norwegian invites guests to enjoy a relaxed, resort- style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea with a wide variety of accommodations options, including The Haven by Norwegian®, a luxury enclave with suites, private pool and dining, concierge service and personal butlers. Norwegian Cruise Line sails around the globe, offering guests the freedom and flexibility to explore the world on their own time and experience up to 27 dining options, award-winning entertainment, superior guest service and more across all of the brand’s 16 ships.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2018, Oceania Cruises is the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line’s six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days.
REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers the industry’s most inclusive luxury experience aboard its all-suite fleet. Seven Seas Mariner’s 2018 dry-dock refurbishment will conclude the line’s $125 million refurbishment program to elevate the elegance of the whole fleet to the standard set by Seven Seas Explorer. In early 2020, Regent will perfect luxury with the launch of Seven Seas Splendor. A voyage with Regent Seven Seas Cruises includes all-suite accommodations, round-trip air, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, sightseeing excursions in every port, gratuities, ground transfers and a pre-cruise hotel package for guests staying in concierge-level suites and higher.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Job type
- Miami, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible