Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pinnacle Hotel Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Heads a team of managers on a day-to-day basis, handling, within his or her span of control, the food and beverage outlets. Direct Report to General Manager - Shift Varies
- Practice the Basics of Brilliant Hosting at all times
- A thorough knowledge of Marriotts Culture and the importance of the Art of Hosting.
- Each Manager is responsible for maintaining total compliance of the Art of Hosting by their associates through ongoing training and reinforcement by modeling these behaviors, positive reinforcement and by taking corrective disciplinary measures
- Engaged daily in the Restaurant, Banquet, and Beverage outlets and all day-to-day operational needs.
- Scheduling of managers to ensure proper coverage at all times.
- Check the employee schedule on weekly basis to ensure adequate coverage and wage cost control.
- Maintain adequate supply of paper, china, glass, silver and uniforms in operation and perpetual stocks to be established and maintained in stores on period ending inventories.
- Ensure that all expenses, including payroll, are controlled in relation to the sales.
- Maintain standard operation procedures followed in all restaurants, bars and room service.
- Oversee that Company policies and procedures are in effect.
- Ensure that all training and meetings are conducted.
- Supervise and direct restaurant service plans and actions to achieve improved operations,
- overcome deficiencies, and instigate necessary changes.
- Daily inspection of restaurant and readiness according to standards.
- Ensuring payroll is correct on a weekly basis including PAF and PTO forms are filled out correctly.
- Including controlling overtime for all Food & Beverage Outlets.
- Creating menus and controlling costs in all departments .
- Work with clients and sales departments on specialty menus. Working with Chef on menus and getting a better understanding of cost
- Direct and Oversee all Event Managers on standards, goals, and menus
- Handling all guest issues in person in the most diplomatic manner and able to respond professionally in writing.
- Analyze groups in house to find opportunities to capture groups through lunch
- specials and buffets
- Thorough knowledge of budget and ability to exceed budgeted goals.
- Maintain all department in a state of readiness, cleanliness and tidiness. Maintain weekly inventory of all controllable items.
- Control budgeted liquor cost through monthly inventories. Including calculating cost for bartenders and calculating daily and weekly cost in some outlets.
- Insuring that staffing is adequate with forecasted business levels in all departments.
- Assist the staff with Food training including Marriott serving standards.
- Conduct daily and monthly departmental meetings, create sales incentive and promotion
- Minimum of a 4-year bachelor's degree in Hospitality F&B or related major; and at least 2 years experience as a Director of F&B
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Computer Skills - Proficient computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.). Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control (e.g., accounting and budgeting).
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Applied Business Knowledge - Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives, financial metrics, and important aspects of Marriott's business; skilled at using business knowledge to anticipate opportunities and risks. Create & Executes Sales Development Plan.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps Marriott's values and business strategy at the forefront of decision making and actions.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Strategic Decision Making - Ability to gather and organize information relevant to a long-range goal or vision, develop alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carry out strategy.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Lake Mary, FL, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible