Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pinnacle Hotel Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Practice the Basics of Brilliant Hosting at all times
- Ensures implementation of the Meetings & Event Management within Brand Standards for planning, pre & post-event.
- Coordinates with sales, hotel departments, and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the Event
- Prepare all event documentation including Event Orders, resumes, etc. for all groups assigned to you; EO'S must be signed by customer before event date.
- Effectively communicate to all departments customer's needs to ensure consistent, high level service throughout event and post-event phases.
- Effectively initiates appropriate, internal and external communication necessary to successfully execute the group's needs.
- Ensures all hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales to services.
- Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events
- Follow Marriott Standards to facilitate outstanding service encouraging repeat business- including timelines.
- Uphold existing accounts with activities designed to build relationships, provide exceptional follow through and increase repeat group business
- Maintain strong organizational skills to proactively manage upcoming groups and clients
- Monitor and manage room blocks according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
- Review sales contracts as well as other important information, i.e., room block, cut-off date, special concessions and attrition clauses.
- Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenue.
- Produce and distribute convention resume two weeks prior to first day of main group arrival and communicate any changes and updated information to hotel departments.
- Distribute EO's for groups 10 -14 days prior to events-Marriott Standard.
- Participate in Pre/Post Convention Meetings and review bill with each client.
- Service events as directed by the Director of Group Sales and the Food and Beverage Director.
- Complete weekly prospecting calls needed to achieve goals and objectives (Expected sales goal of $350,000.00 for the first 12 months)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to ensure the highest standards of customer service to our clients
- Must achieve and maintain Brand Standards on Event Satisfaction Scores and continually strive to exceed them.
- Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited University in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major, preferred; at least 2-3 years experience in event management required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in a full service hotel, Marriott Preferred.
- Individual must have excellent attention to detail, a substantial knowledge of Events Operations, strong leadership skills, highly organized and has already gained experience within a similar style property.
- Adaptability: ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment
- Building Trust: ability to interact with other in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization
- Communication: skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message
- Customer Focus: ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers needs
- High Work Standards: sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Planning & Organizing: skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions
- Stress Tolerance: ability to maintain stable performance and positive relationships with others while under pressure or opposition
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: demonstrates a satisfactory level of position- related technical knowledge and skills. Must be proficient in Delphi diagrams, Meeting Matrix or Social Tables;
- Build groups and maintain proper detailed event notes in CI/TY, (or Delphi or similar platform) to insure proper tracing, and follow up with all aspects of event.
- Minimum lifting 30 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and upward reaching.
- Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing and/or walking.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Lake Mary, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible