About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
As the Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the department as well as providing an excellent and consistent level of service to our guests in accordance with Hyatt International’s brand standards. You will deliver the brand promise by managing the Front Office operations for the hotel, including but not limited to, the Front Desk, Bell Desk, Guest Services and Park Lounge.
Managing and working in a team of 40, you will support the Hotel Manager in supervising and managing the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
- Deputize for Hotel Manager in his/her absence
- Conduct fortnightly payroll for the department with assistance from Human Resources and the Payroll team
- Control the manning levels of the Front Office department in relation to occupancy requirements, service quality and costs
- Conduct regular meetings and pre-shift briefings ensuring all necessary information is passed onto the Front Office team
- Ensure all employees provide excellent service to external and internal customers
- Assist in the preparation of the department’s budget including yearly business plans, monthly room forecasts and payroll forecasts
- Oversee the up-selling an cross-selling of facilities within the hotel
- Work closely with other departments including Sales & Marketing, Housekeeping, and Engineering etc.
- Delegate and assign tasks / responsibilities to Front Office staff and assist them with their duties
- Participate in the recruitment and on-boarding process for all new employees with the assistance of the Human Resources team
- Develop the skills and effectiveness of all Front Office employees through the appropriate training, coaching and/or mentoring
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as either a Front Office Manager or an Assistant Manager in a large hotel operation (experience in a five star hotel is advantageous)
- A relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality, Business or Tourism Management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor, coach, train and motivate team members
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills along with strong service recovery skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- The ability to manage and influence budgets
- Experience within revenue management is advantageous
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming standards
- The flexibility to work on rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
- Job type
- Bangholme, Australia
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration