- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation and coordination of the various departments within the Rooms Division, and all related guest services, achieving maximum guest satisfaction whilst developing a caring and dynamic working environment and positive culture.
- Represents the Rooms function on the hotel''s Leadership Committee
- Oversees the Rooms experience from check-in to check-out for all guests, working through each Head of Department to ensure a seamlessly perfect guest experience and make adjustments where necessary.
- Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
- Ensures the proper handling of all regular and VIP guests reservations, room assignments and check-in experience.
- Respond to any changes in the Front Office function as dictated by the industry, Company or Hotel.
- Regularly revise all relevant Rooms Division contracts to ensure the best quality, efficiency and price.
- Ensure all contractors are fully accountable for their work by establishing regular inspections and controls.
- Deputises for the General Manager as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business needs, financial reporting and productivity requirements
- Comprehensive Computer Skills, particularly in the use of MS Office, email and Hotel Property Management systems
- Effective trainer, able to facilitate at all levels
- Effective Mentor
- University Degree/Diploma in Hospitality or Tourism Management is desired
- Minimum two years work experience as Director of Rooms or four years as Front Office Manager or Housekeeping Manager is desired
- Essential prerequisite is experience with luxury brand hotels
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- The Rocks, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible