The role of the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategy and execution of the digital marketing and e-commerce activates for Park Hyatt Tokyo. The position will support the hotel marketing by developing digital marketing and ecommerce programs by working with primary marketing, operations, distribution and revenue management teams.
■Strategy and Budget Management:
- Ensures that the hotel Digital Marketing strategies and activities are aligned with the Corporate Marketing Strategy, and the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
- Set overall digital and e-commerce direction to help drive room and other related revenues (i.e. F&B, spa, meetings, etc.) for all the hotels managed.
- Maintain overall hotel digital budget and related vendor/agency relationships (i.e. Supporting billing and invoicing needs with each individual hotel)
- Provide ongoing updates of industry news, trends, issues, site features and best practices to senior hotel management and help educate hotel on digital marketing essentials
- Assisting with tracking vendor performance and escalating issues where necessary.
- Works closely with the Marketing Manager, and/or Revenue Manager to maximize efficiencies in hotel’s e-commerce strategies.
■Digital Marketing Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for each hotel within the responsible area for digital marketing/ e-commerce related questions and activities.
- Make sure that Hyatt’s Digital Marketing strategies are applied to the plans at the hotel in all the Digital Marketing activities.
- Enhance the performance and promote hotel, restaurants, spa, wedding and other relevant websites as an electronic marketing communication tools, distribution channels and methods of generating revenues, building loyalty and two-way customer communication.
- Act as the hotel webmaster, working with MARCOM and Director of Revenue Management, and with other necessary team members, to ensure that hotel website content is always up-to-date with relevant information and offers, well maintained and designed to reflect the hotel in a customer friendly manner, and in appropriate languages.
- Make sure that site maintenance requests, product features / functionality development requests from Divisional Office and Head Office are all communicated well at the property site.
- Manage the hotel database to ensure it is to be regularly updated and remained clean and relevant. Implement the permission-based e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Account-manage the “third-party provider” in Search Engine Optimization. Oversee and manage the campaigns and activity in liaison with Japan Regional Office / DMC. Monitor and implement both global and local paid search campaigns to ensure an effective ROI.
- Set up the e-mail service response standards in according to the guidelines from Japan Regional Office / DMC, and handle all electronic customer enquiries for the hotel.
- Support the hotel with planning and implementation of online advertising campaigns with local third parties and analyze and optimize all online marketing activity performance results.
- Bi-Weekly internet analysis/activity monitoring report
- Continuously evaluate current and emerging web base reservation and communication tools and third party online vendors, their strategies and technologies Conduct analysis of competitor and/or marketing partner websites to understand and share current trends in the e-marketplace the team.
- Explore and enhance the expanding digital marketing method (Social Networking Media, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google Business, TripAdvisor, LinkedIn, Blogs etc.) with Marcom, and its effective use with existing marketing methods, hotel’s PR and sales activities.
- Provide excellent service to external customers, as well as internal customers in other departments.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Form beneficial partnerships with online travel agents (Ikyu etc.) and third party suppliers, where appropriate, to recommend new online distribution channels for Japan Regional Office / DMC review and approval. Be the key contact point within the hotel in dealings with these online distributions and suppliers.
- Work closely with Director of Revenue Management as well as Reservation Team to manage and update online travel agents’ extranet systems to be consistent with hotel’s pricing and distribution policies and to acquire maximum of revenue.
- Monitor the accuracy of the GIS information for the hotel and ensure it displays properly in GDS interfaces. Manage a regular update cycle on a semi-annually basis with the respective agents in Omaha.
- Work with DOSM and DORM to plan and implement GDS advertising campaigns.
- Understands and strictly adheres to Rules and Regulations established in the Employee Handbook and the Hotel’s policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from business partners and other organisations.
- Responds to changes in the Sales & Marketing function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Attends (or sometime conduct) training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Attends regular departmental marketing communications meetings and ensure departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
- Ensures that an organised, up-to-date filing system is maintained for all e-Marketing records.
- Prepares and submits reports on a timely manner.
- Preferably a couple of years of experience in an online advertising/marketing or web site creation/management, and e-commerce related. If not, aggressive approach to learn / receive trainings is needed to become a level with at least a few year experience once assigned.
- Has excellent team building skills and works well across multiple teams/people .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese (preferably in English).
- Constant focus on fresh ideas which will bring business benefit and customer experience improvements .
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and deal with ambiguous situations
- Language Skills: Native Japanese and business-level English