As a Commis II you are responsible for the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Support the Demi Chef de Partie or Commis I in the daily operation and work
• Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
• Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
• Control food stock and food cost in his section
• Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
• Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
• Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
• Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills. The ability to communicate in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be positively spirited and passionate about food and be committed to work together with the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time. You are a very positive, dynamic, creative and dedicated team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Job
PEARL ROTANA HOTEL
Located at the heart of Abu Dhabi’s business district, the Pearl Rotana Capital Centre is a modern deluxe hotel. The Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) is just steps from the property, while the city’s Downtown and Yas Island are a short drive away. Pearl Rotana is just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Pearl Rotana’s 315 rooms and suites have been designed to suit the needs of business, leisure travellers and families alike. Featuring one and two-bedroom suite options, Club Rotana rooms and suites offer added benefits including complimentary access to the Club Rotana lounge.
Try all 5 of Pearl Rotana’s unique dining options. Taste Italian home cooking at Dino’s Bistro Italiano, have breakfast at Saffron, sip tea and chat at Chai Lobby Lounge, tuck into small plates at The Warehouse wine & tapas bar or enjoy a refreshment at Aquarius Pool Bar. In-room dining is available too, while Club Rotana guests can dine in a dedicated lounge. Our 7 venues for meetings and events include the latest technology to cater to your executive and social needs.
Keep fit, go for a dip or just take time out and relax at Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club featuring a well-equipped gymnasium, rooftop pool, sauna, steam and massage rooms.