As an Electrician you are responsible to install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures to ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Maintenance of all M&E and HVAC equipment within the hotel complex with special emphasis on health safety
• Maintenance and repair works of all mechanical and electrical heating and ventilation equipment, ensuring the on-going safe and efficient running of the hotel
• Fix mains / domestic single and 3 phase supplied distribution systems and all lighting and in-house power installations / appliances
• Assist with all emergency services, e.g. fire alarms, lighting, batteries and standby power requirements, inclusive of generators
• Control systems to M&E related processes e.g. general equipment, televisions, hair dryers, shavers sockets, etc. and all guest and service lifts
• Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and ensure conformance to building and safety codes
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters and test lamps.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally be a qualified Electrician with a diploma in electro-technical services and a basic high school college qualification. You should have a proven knowledge in the operation and electrical maintenance of the equipment. A good command of English and the ability to find fault and rectify systems are essentials.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be self motivated with a hands-on and flexible approach and be able to adapt to unpredictable events. You are pro-active and reliable and will thrive working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure, have attention to details and should possess following competencies:
Understanding the Job
PEARL ROTANA HOTEL
Located at the heart of Abu Dhabi’s business district, the Pearl Rotana Capital Centre is a modern deluxe hotel. The Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) is just steps from the property, while the city’s Downtown and Yas Island are a short drive away. Pearl Rotana is just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Pearl Rotana’s 315 rooms and suites have been designed to suit the needs of business, leisure travellers and families alike. Featuring one and two-bedroom suite options, Club Rotana rooms and suites offer added benefits including complimentary access to the Club Rotana lounge.
Try all 5 of Pearl Rotana’s unique dining options. Taste Italian home cooking at Dino’s Bistro Italiano, have breakfast at Saffron, sip tea and chat at Chai Lobby Lounge, tuck into small plates at The Warehouse wine & tapas bar or enjoy a refreshment at Aquarius Pool Bar. In-room dining is available too, while Club Rotana guests can dine in a dedicated lounge. Our 7 venues for meetings and events include the latest technology to cater to your executive and social needs.
Keep fit, go for a dip or just take time out and relax at Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club featuring a well-equipped gymnasium, rooftop pool, sauna, steam and massage rooms.