Working alongside a wonderful team at The Peninsula Chicago, we are seeking a Chief Accountant to join our Finance operations.
- Work for a luxury Five-Star Five-Diamond property in the heart of Michigan Avenue, Chicago.
- Learn and grow within a diverse multi-outlet property.
- Exceptional health benefits package and 401(k) with company match.
- Process all month end journal entries, and reporting
- Prepare and record daily revenue audit
- Reconcile balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Daily bank reconciliation and weekly cash flow
- Distribute all financeial statements and month end reports to ownership and department heads
- Assist QUL accounting staff including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as well as prepare, evaluate, and present the annual staff reviews
- Participate in speacial projects and fill in for Assistant Controller in their absence
- Prepare all required documentation for internal/external audit
- Review membership accounting to ensure all dues are posted and timely followup is being done
- This Job Description is not an all inclusive list of all job tasks but a guide, and tasks may be added or removed by your immediate supervisor according to changes that may occur in the working environment.
- Must have at least 4 years Staff Accountant experience in a hotel guest-focused company
- Must have thorough knowledge in Accounting control and Financial Managament process
- Extensive knowledge in Accounting System, Property Management System, Point of Sales, Microsoft required.
- Bachelors degree in hospitality, business or accounting preferred
- Friendly, driven, detail-oriented, and effectively communicate in spoken and written English to all internal and external guests, staff and management needed
We are delighted to receive your resume for further consideration. To be considered for the position, you must have work authorization in the United States.
About The Peninsula Chicago
Set along the famed Magnificent Mile section of Michigan Avenue, The Peninsula Chicago offers spectacular views over Lake Michigan and the glittering city skyline. Proud of its tradition of Midwestern hospitality, the hotel is considered the top choice for everything from accommodation to celebrations and corporate events in the city.
Requisition ID: 30996
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Kimpton Vividora Barcelona