The Peninsula New York hotel is seeking an enthusiastic, and drivenGroup Sales Manager who will be responsible for direct sales activity, achieving designated revenue and room night goals for key segments within the Group market. Individual will be held accountable for developing assigned markets and maintaining account base while financially growing each account to its maximum revenue potential.
- Negotiate room rates, meeting room rental and food and beverage pricing within set limitations.
- Prospect on new business for hotel and generate revenue from these efforts.
- Handle all aspects of account development to include, sales presentation, site inspections, entertainment, and sales trips.
- Travel and plan out-of-town sales trips, including coordination of all arrangements, appointments, and presentations.
- Participate in pertinent trade shows, conventions, and related industry events.
- Assist in establishing and completing assigned quarterly and yearly action plans.
- Prospect on existing accounts and new business during need periods to meet revenue challenges.
- Maintain business relationships with accounts by proper management, client recognition, prospecting, and development of contacts.
- Administer proper correspondence and follow up accounts in both written and verbal format.
- Attain and maintain a designated percentage of top accounts.
- Achieve set revenue and room night goals for market segments handled.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in hotel sales preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle fast-paced, high energy, stressful environment; ability to be flexible with work schedule including some late-nights and weekends.
- An excellent knowledge of the current computer applications being used (Word, Power Point, Excel) as well as graphic design capabilities for sending e-blasts.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
We are delighted to receive your resume for further consideration. To be considered for the position, you must have work authorization in the United States.
About The Peninsula New York
Superbly situated on Fifth Avenue in the heart of Manhattan, The Peninsula New York is set in one of the city’s most prestigious shopping, entertainment and cultural districts, just a few blocks from Central Park. Since its debut in 1988, the hotel has exemplified exquisite service, heritage, and attention to detail.
Requisition ID: 30821