Works alongside Executive Chef and team to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizing waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Assists Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with menu creation.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards.
- Assists the Executive Chef and team in maintaining equipment in good condition, to maximize usage.
- Maintains good communication with other Food and Beverage section heads, kitchen staff, and other departments.
- Works with Executive Chef and team to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
- Actively supports the hotel’s team culture, and contributes to achieve the hotel’s vision, values, and goals.
- Degree from culinary school or apprenticeship preferred.
- Sanitation certificate.
- 3-5 years’ experience in luxury hotel or fine dining restaurant establishment.
- Experience in working and supervising a team of cooks and stewards.
- Experience in Asian and/or European cuisine.
- Knowledge in scratch cooking (basic knowledge of stocks and sauces).
- Extensive culinary knowledge in both classical and current culinary trends.
- Able to work in high stress environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Command of English Language, both written and oral.
We are delighted to receive your resume for further consideration. To be considered for the position, you must have work authorization in the United States.
Requisition ID: 29451