The Peninsula Chicago is seeking a creative sous chef who is highly organized to work with our F&B operations and create a memorable guest experience.
- Work for a luxury Five-Star Five-Diamond property in the heart of Michigan Avenue, Chicago.
- Grow within a diverse multi-outlet property.
- Exceptional health benefits package and 401(k) with company match.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of mise en place for the station.
- Ensure that there is minimal wastage and maximum use of raw materials.
- Maintain a standard of presentation of all items produced, and continually help develop new standards for the section.
- Produce the daily Kitchen requirements for every event.
- Ensure planning and execution of production to maintain production.
- Cover other stations when supervisor is not present.
- Follow the hotel cost control policies and procedures.
- Assist in the effective storage of food items.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role preferrably in an upscale restaurant
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and work in a team, creative, motivated
We are delighted to receive your resume for further consideration. To be considered for the position, you must have work authorization in the United States.
About The Peninsula Chicago
Set along the famed Magnificent Mile section of Michigan Avenue, The Peninsula Chicago offers spectacular views over Lake Michigan and the glittering city skyline. Proud of its tradition of Midwestern hospitality, the hotel is considered the top choice for everything from accommodation to celebrations and corporate events in the city.
Requisition ID: 29011