Part of Marriott International, the world’s largest hospitality brand with over 6,000 properties in more than 120 countries and territories, we are ideally situated on 11 acres of lush, immaculately landscaped grounds. We offer a world class working environment, with a team of solid hospitality professionals across the hotel striving to create brilliant experiences for our guests. The hotel is opposite the East of England Showground and close to the A1 for an easy commute.
We are now recruiting for a dynamic and passionate Maintenance Technician to join our Engineering team.
Maintenance Technician - Role
As our new Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- The main focus of this role is painting and decorating tasks
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition of parts and supplies as needed
- Perform general repair tasks
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories;
- Air condition and refrigeration
- Pneumatic / electronic systems and controls
- Carpentry and finish skills
- Energy conservation
Maintenance Technician - benefits
Why work for Marriott?
“Take care of your employees and they’ll take care of the guests” is the philosophy of our founder. At Marriott, caring for people and the community is part of who we are.
In addition to the fantastic benefits you would expect from a brand of our calibre, Peterborough Marriott Hotel will offer you the following:
- Competitive pay and advancement opportunities
- 28 holidays (including Bank holidays) which increases with length of service
- Uniform & Dry cleaning
- Meals on duty
- TakeCare Wellbeing Program
- Complimentary on site parking
- Discounted Leisure Club membership
- Hotel Room Discounts with Marriott brands worldwide
- Discounts on Food and Beverages, as well as retail discounts in our gift shops, at Marriott hotels around the globe
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible