Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
Oversees Event Operations including Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology.
Oversees event planning team.
Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
Develops an Event Management strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Ensures follow up and payment of the contract deposits
Ensures the preparation of the pre-event actions/negotiations/upselling with the client (agent and end-client) with timely and proactive communication
Ensures the preparation of all Teams of the resort with timely communication with the other Dpts, BEO, BEO meetings, technical site visits etc
Ensures correct and timely update of blocks of each group in the system
Ensures the proper timely sending, with the correct forms, of the rooming list to the Reservations Team so they can do the allocation of the rooms in the system
Coordinates the operation of the event with close cooperation with the Banquet Team and active contact with the key event persons of the agent/end-client during the event
Conducts the exit interview to get feedback and new possible reference or enquiry
Reports weekly to GSS
Takes responsibility for the Weddings from A to Z i.e. from proactive sales to contracting to preparation for the wedding to the operation of the wedding and to the exit interview.
Participates in the backlog mtg.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Sets expectations and holds event management leadership team accountable for desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
- Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
- Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will be significant (limited instances).
- Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
- Prepares the Banquet F&B forecast and ensures smooth communication and cooperation with Sales and Revenue Dpts
- Updates the SOPs of this Dpt, and keeps a P&L approach of the Dpt in order to have a cost effective result on annual basis.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations.
- Job type
- Albufeira, Portugal
- English, Portuguese
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Pine Cliffs, A Luxury Collection Resort by Marriott International
Pine Cliffs Resort is an all integrated resort, managed by Marriott International through its The Luxury Collection brand, with different options of accommodation, investment opportunities and a luxurious lifestyle for the whole family. Also available is the Pine Cliffs Resort's premium selection of the finest luxury Real Estate with return on investment properties: the new sea front apartments Pine Cliffs Ocean Suites, Pine Cliffs Residence, Pine Cliffs Terraces, Pine Cliffs Deluxe Villas, Pine Cliffs Townhouses and holiday ownership options at Pine Cliffs Vacation Club.