Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: Raffaele@rar-hospitality.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Lodging Industry, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
RAR Hospitality is searching for a General Manager for a new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Port Clinton, Ohio. The General Manager oversees hotel staff and ensures that all policies and procedures are followed in order to uphold company and brand standards. The ideal candidate is a seasoned and intelligent hotel professional with outstanding leadership skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervises the hotel staff including interviewing, hiring, training, directing work, and appraising performance of employees.
- Oversees the activities of all staff members in order to ensure adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
- Reviews all departmental schedules for accuracy and staffing demands.
- Monitor results of all guest service comment sources. Take appropriate corrective actions and respond on a timely basis.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotels services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
- Other Duties as assigned
SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience as a hotel General Manager highly preferred.
- 2+ Years of supervisory and leadership experience required
- 2+ Years of experience in a hotel setting required
- Associates degree (required) Bachelors degree (preferred)
- Desire to operate a best in class hotel
- Prior experience using Windows-based software including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Valid drivers license required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Confident and reliable decision maker.
- Ability to provide leadership in setting the team members expected performance levels.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and guide others toward accomplishment.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours including holidays, nights and weekends. Schedules may vary based on business need. Hotel is open year-round.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Port Clinton, OH, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible