Experienced Full Time Receptionist
About the job
REPORT TO : Rooms Division Manager
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure that all guests are greeted with a friendly welcome and offered the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction on check-in, throughout stay and on check-out.
1. To carry out all tasks in accordance with procedures as outlined in the Front Office Standards Manual.
2. To ensure that following check-in, all guests are directed to their room and the hotel & golf links facilities are explained, as per Hotel Standard.
3. To ensure all tasks and checklists are actioned and completed during shift.
4. To have full knowledge of all current rates and products available in the hotel & golf links and actively promote same.
5. To ensure that all reservations are taken accurately and with all necessary information received from and given to the guest.
6. To ensure that all aspects of security and cash handling are followed at all times in accordance with the hotel & golf links policy.
7. To ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness of the Front Desk and office is maintained at all times.
1. To bring customer comments or any issues to the attention of your Manager / Supervisor.
2. To maintain effective communications with all Departments with specific attention to Reservations, Housekeeping, Night Audit and Concierge.
3. To ensure a full handover is given and received at the change of each shift.
4. To ensure that all are greeted with a friendly welcome and offered the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction throughout their stay.
5. To identify maintenance issues and report accordingly.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. To have full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Hotel Fire and Health and Safety Procedures.
2. To complete all duties and tasks with due care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other employees and guests.
3. To ensure the highest standards of personal presentation whilst wearing the company supplied uniform, in accordance with Department Standards Manual.
4. To report and where necessary take action on incidents, accidents, fire, loss or damage.
To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by a member of the management team.
Attend Hotel & Golf Links training.
- Number of positions: 2
- €12.00 per hour
- Staff accommodation available at preferential monthly rent
- perks, accommodation preferential rates in hotels in UK, Ireland and Canada/US, free golf, gym use, discounts on restaurants, shops, etc.
- Department: Reception
- Language required: English.
Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links is the perfect combination of history, luxury and ambition to be the best in what we do. With our 2-AA Rosette awarded Restaurants, our award-winning spa and our championship links golf course we understand that our greatest asset is our people. We are driven by desire to create the best possible experience for our guest’s and hence as employers we strive to provide progression and development for each member of our team. If you have a hunger for progression with a flair for high standards and quality in service, you will find to be the right fit amongst our talented team
At Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links we are extremely proud of our Team. Through our Core Values of Respect, Genuine Care, Teamwork, Pride, Fun, Innovation and Passion we encourage continuous growth for each and every member of the team.
As an employer we strive to provide a high standard of working conditions and career development opportunities. We are committed to the continuous development of both our people and our property. Internal transfers and career progression are encouraged and open to all. Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer competitive rates of pay and we reward hard work and outstanding customer service with initiatives such as Employee of the Month and Catch me at my Best.
With an award-winning Links Golf Course, an award-winning Spa, and two award-winning restaurants, Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links is truly a majestic place both for the customer and for our current as well as our future employees.