Front Office Manager
About the job
JOB TITLE: Front Office Manager
REPORT TO: Rooms Divisions Manager
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To direct and manage the Front Office Team, to ensure an efficient, prompt, courteous, and proactive service is provided to all guests, whilst ensuring that Hotel & Golf Procedures are followed at all times. To ensure the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times, hence maximising rooms’ revenue.
1. To carry out all tasks in accordance with procedures as outlined in the Front Office Standards Manuals.
2. To ensure all tasks and checklists are actioned and completed during shift.
3. To have a comprehensive knowledge and actively promote all hotel & golf facilities.
4. To ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness of the Front Office is maintained at all times.
5. Participates in development of recognition programmes for staff, advertising and promotional programs and campaigns to increase market awareness and penetration.
6. Controls and analyses departmental costs on an ongoing basis and takes action to control negative deviation.
7. Plans and co-ordinates in-house activities and package plans together with Resident Manager and other senior managers as required.
8. Checks the arrival list, conference guest list and VIP list to ensure that Department Managers and the General Manager recognises VIP’s and special guests.
9. Maintain Guest Ledger.
10. Produce weekly invoice and statement runs.
11. Issue Trial Balance, Managers and Guest Ledger reports.
12. Delivering the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction throughout their stay in alignment with agreed standards and internal SOPs.
13. Monitors hotel’s overall service and team work daily, and makes recommendations for improvement to Hotel Manager and relevant Department Manager.
• A natural leader of staff
• Ability to lead and develop a team
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent customer care skills
• At least two years’ experience working in a similar role
• Experience in Opera an advantage
• Excellent command of the English language
- €35000 to €40000
- Staff accommodation available at preferential monthly rent
- holidays, perks, discounts, free golf, accommodation discounts across the parent company hotels and restaurants
- Department: Reception
- Language required: English.
Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links is the perfect combination of history, luxury and ambition to be the best in what we do. With our 2-AA Rosette awarded Restaurants, our award-winning spa and our championship links golf course we understand that our greatest asset is our people. We are driven by desire to create the best possible experience for our guest’s and hence as employers we strive to provide progression and development for each member of our team. If you have a hunger for progression with a flair for high standards and quality in service, you will find to be the right fit amongst our talented team
At Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links we are extremely proud of our Team. Through our Core Values of Respect, Genuine Care, Teamwork, Pride, Fun, Innovation and Passion we encourage continuous growth for each and every member of the team.
As an employer we strive to provide a high standard of working conditions and career development opportunities. We are committed to the continuous development of both our people and our property. Internal transfers and career progression are encouraged and open to all. Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer competitive rates of pay and we reward hard work and outstanding customer service with initiatives such as Employee of the Month and Catch me at my Best.
With an award-winning Links Golf Course, an award-winning Spa, and two award-winning restaurants, Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links is truly a majestic place both for the customer and for our current as well as our future employees.