Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Working as part of the Food and Beverage team to provide the highest standards of customer service to exceed guest expectations and deliver the ‘WOW’ factor experience. This position will involve working in all areas of food and beverage outlets which include the Restaurant, Conference and Banqueting, Room Service and Bar areas.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
Casual position based at the Preston Marriott Hotel.
Previous experience working within a similar environment preferredSkills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Strong Team Player
Able to work on own initiative
Health and safety
High standards of personal appearanceEducation or Certification
Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
To work as directed by the Supervisor /Senior supervisor /Assistant Manager & Manager
2) To ensure the highest levels of customer care are provided whether in the public eye or back of house areas
3) To ensure food orders are taken correctly; processed accurately and appropriate payment is received
4) To ensure all food & beverages are served efficiently and in accordance with the set standards and time scales and buffet services are kept in pristine condition and fully replenished
5) Be able to recommend knowledgeably menu items, accompaniments, beverages & wines
6) Complete all required opening and closing procedures as per side work schedule.
7) Complete check of area of work prior to opening for cleanliness, correct set up & mis en place in place.
8) Ensure work area is kept clean & tidy at all times during service and ensure the cleaning rota is followed
9) Ensure work area is properly prepared for the next shift before leaving your shift
10) To follow correct procedures when answering the telephone & welcoming guests into your area of work
11) To be fully aware of the Health & Safety Policy, Accident Reporting Procedure, Maintenance fault reporting procedure and the Fire Procedures for your department
12) To ensure all comments, compliments & complaints are passed to the senior person on duty in your department
13) To co-operate with other departments thereby ensuring a harmonious working environment and maximising efficiency
14) To ensure each even runs smoothly through efficient preparation
15) To set up function and meeting rooms to specification and standard as to meet the guests’ requirements.
16) Ensure floats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secure at all times. Blind Banking
procedures are followed along with all local and Marriott policies and procedures.
17) Follows all company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job
- Job type
- Preston, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible