The Principal York, located adjacent to the train station provides great public transport links. The hotel boasts 155 bedrooms all with a beautiful look and feel that delivers pure home from home comfort to our guests. Public spaces within the hotel include The Garden Room, with views across the hotel lawns to York Minster in the background. The hotel''s restaurant The Refectory Kitchen & Terrace serves dishes made with fresh, seasonal local produce and the comfortable, cosy Chapter House Bar. The hotel has received several accolades such as Hotel of the Year for two consecutive years, along with Bar of the Year at the Visit York Tourism Awards 2018.
As Conference & Events Operations Manager, you will report to the Director of Operations and you will have overall responsibility of the day to day operation of the Conference and Events department. You will motivate and develop the team to ensure warm and intuitive service and a memorable experience for all our guests, whilst achieving financial targets.
You will do this by driving service standards through creating a knowledgeable and motivated team. You will also support the Director of Operations and work with key stakeholders in the business to promote and develop up and coming events such as the outdoor cinema and other projects for 2019/2020.
- A competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme and monthly financial incentives
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays which increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days
- Hotel incentive and recognition schemes (earn high street vouchers, overnight stays, paid birthday day off)
- Access to our IHG Benefits portal, including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague and friends and family rates at IHG hotels
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Free meals on duty
- Job type
- York, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract