As a Linen and Housekeeping Porter, you are responsible for all of the hotel''s linen supplies, including managing the stock and quality of all the linen we receive on a daily basis. Additionally, you will also look after all guest''s and colleague''s laundry and dry cleaning requests.
As part of your role, you may also be tasked with the cleaning and maintenance of soft furnishings in high rise areas in bedrooms and around the hotel, fixing any issues with lighting and the handing of large objects throughout the building.
- Responsible for the control of linen rooms and the delivery of linen to various departments throughout the hotel
- To control linen quality, rejects, repairs and stock takes as required
- To ensure that all guest and colleague laundry and dry cleaning is processed in accordance with hotel procedures, charges are raised and appropriate documentation is completed accurately.
- You will be responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of sort furnishings within bedrooms and high rise areas throughout the hotel such as lampshades, ceilings and the tops of tall standing objects.
- To complete light painting within bedrooms (small touch ups)
- To ensure tidiness and cleanliness of all linen cupboards, store rooms and back of house areas as required.
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by your Supervisors or Management Team, this could include the cleaning and maintenance of high rise areas and the moving of furniture and supplies throughout the building.
- Experience within a similar role, preferably within a 4 or 5 star establishment or Hotel
- Ability to work efficiently as an individual and manage tasks as a lone worker
- The ability to work within a small linen porter team, alongside the rest of the Housekeeping department
- Preferably, you will also have experience working with ladders and at heights and feel confident in undertaking tasks at a height
- Previous experience with the manual handling of large, heavy objects.
- Availability to work to a flexible shit pattern, which will include evenings and weekends
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Benefits platform which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
The Grand Central Hotel is situated within Grand Central Station in the heart of Glasgow''s city centre, boasting 230 bedrooms, 21 meeting rooms and a Grand Ballroom that holds up to 400 guests.
Our Housekeeping department is one of the largest teams within the hotel, responsible for ensuring round the clock cleanliness of the entire building, including back of house, public areas, bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Job type
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract