Built in the 18th century, The Principal Edinburgh, George Street is a magnificent Hotel steeped in history, providing an ideal base for both business and leisure in its 240 bedrooms and 7 meeting rooms.
The property has recently undergone a significant capital investment under the banner of The Principal Hotel Company which has re-establish The Principal Edinburgh, George Street as a leading hotel with a strong portfolio of food & drink concepts to suit a variety of needs and budgets.
As receptionist, your role is to ensure smooth check-in and check-out of guests, following company guidelines at all times. You will live the Principal Values every day and ensure that the Brand promises are followed through at each stage of the guest stay. To anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction. You will promote all the hotels facilities and amenities to the guest, always looking for opportunities for suggestive selling.
You should have effective communication skills, a good attention to detail and clearly customer focused, with a dynamic and flexible attitude.It is essential that you have Hotel Reception experience, ideally within a 4/5 Star hotel to be considered for this role. You will have working knowledge of Opera and micros.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Great IHG Perks
- Job type
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration