Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Meyer Jabara Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Creating "heart connections" with customers, associates and owners is the foundation for success at Meyer Jabara Hotels. Whether a seasoned hotel professional or just beginning a career in hospitality, experience, dedication to customer service and a spirit to serve form the cornerstone of a future with Meyer Jabara Hotels.
Responsible for overall operations of Housekeeping and Laundry Departments; hire, train, supervise and counsel all Housekeeping and Laundry staff. Ensure guest rooms and public areas are consistently clean and maintained to Marriott standards at all times. Promote complete guest and employee satisfaction, and keep it alive within the department
- Achieve performance objectives in accordance with the components of empowerment and principles of leadership. Exhibit a "hands on" approach to training, developing and working alongside employees and a commitment to individual growth. Your role is that of Coach and Mentor to your management team and associates. Maintain an open door policy to encourage and support positive employee relations and guest satisfaction.
- Management Responsibility - Demonstrate strong working knowledge and support of, departmental SOPs, hotel LSOPs and overall familiarity with company SOPs. Fulfill the responsibilities of the hotel's MOD program. Portray a professional manner with regard to appearance, behavior, ethics, and compliance with policy. Promote effective people/supervisory skills through reward and recognition as well as progressive discipline, thus ensuring a positive and productive work environment. Develop employees for future promotion within the Meyer Jabara system.
- Communications - Communication should be accurate and timely. Use successful communication techniques to ensure staff has a clear understanding of information. This should include an awareness of special needs. Conduct and facilitate effective meetings through established agendas, effective use of time and clear objectives. Prepare clear, legible and concise correspondence, memos, letters, instructions and reports following the correct format. Effective verbal communication will be key.
- Financial Responsibility - Control departmental expenses through effective use of forecast data, proper scheduling, responding to business fluctuations. Control departmental expenses through adherence to purchasing (BuyEfficient and approved Marriott vendors) and requisition procedures, cash and credit policies and overall follow-up to issues that affect profit or loss. As a Department Head, hold a shared responsibility for the overall financial success of the hotel. Make purchase decisions against established supplies and tools pars.
- Human Resources - Be fully aware of all Human Resources SOPs and LSOPs as it pertains to the following: hiring, orientation, training, PA processing, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling. Demonstrate knowledge of company benefit programs. Model strong employee relations qualities by developing teamwork and maintaining high morale, and introducing incentive opportunities to the team. Ensure all Human Resource policies and practices are applied consistently while adhering to all federal, state, and local laws. Promote solid solutions to the Associate Opinion Survey and monitor these action plans. Participate in HR associate planned events. Introduce reward and recognition programs.
- Equipment Knowledge - Demonstrate thorough knowledge of floor care equipment. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all laundry equipment and chemical usage. Ensure an adequate supply of guest requested items by adhering to proper purchasing inventory and control procedures.
- Guest Room Procedures - Responsible for achieving and maintaining quality guest room product according to Marriott standard operating procedures. Ensure daily guest room inspections, including random self-inspector inspections, are conducted and documented taking appropriate corrective action as needed. Evaluate and improve processes as necessary using GSS as a tool, guest comments, inspection trends and GuestWare reports.
- Public Areas - Responsible for achieving and maintaining quality presentation in public areas at all times to include restrooms, telephones, corridors and elevators. Establish public area cleaning schedule and ensure inspections are conducted frequently. Develop appropriate floor care maintenance program according to the type of floor surface.
- Laundry - Establish and maintain laundry production standards. Oversee laundry operation and chemical suppliers to ensure quality linen is achieved within budgetary guidelines. Establish procedures for reclaiming stained linen and authorize any discarded items.
- Inventories - Accountable for the purchase, control and monthly inventory of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, equipment and linen in accordance with Accounting SOPs.
- Minimum two year college degree
- Minimum three years management/supervisory experience required in similar size operation or larger
- Ability to read and comprehend hotel budget and profit & loss statements
- Knowledge of CPOR costs
- Ability to create weekly schedule against forecasted occupancy, and within labor budget
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of housekeeping and laundry departments (operations and impact on other departments)
- Ability to speak basic Spanish a plus, but not required
- Physical Requirements:
- Able to push and pull 50+ lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to sustain heat in small intervals
- Able to walk up and down stairs, up to six floors
- Position may require much bending, stretching, reaching and some repetitive motion.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Providence, RI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration