Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai
The Service Manager – Duty Manager provides day to day supervision, direction and leadership to all Front Office personnel under the guidance of the Front Office Manager in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts and Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai.
Meet up with guests regularly to obtain feedback on ways to improve the hotel’s services and facilities.
Handles guest complaints effectively and efficiently by being responsive and receptive, and analytical. Within the established Delegation of Authority, he/she makes quick and correct decisions to ensure total guest satisfaction whilst keeping in mind at all times the Hotel’s interest.
In all incidents, provides Management and Department Heads with reports and takes action to avoid repetition of any incident, accident, theft & complaint. In the absence of Senior Executives, he/she has full authority on all decisions.
Motivates and ensures staff perform to the high service level required, maximizing total customer loyalty as well as positive overall stay experience.
Provides coaching and counseling on standards and procedures for the Front Office Department including other Departments as and when necessary.
Acts as a key Emergency Team Leader in the event of crisis or emergency that happens within the hotel, until higher authority and /or officially trained personnel arrives.
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Mandarine is a must
- Minimum 4 years experience in an international class hotel / At least 1 year experience in a similar capacity
- Thorough understanding of the Fidelio PMS and Micros / Infrasys POS systems.Displays initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Detail oriented yet has the ability to step back and see the big picture; observant; analytical
- Willing to work long hours
- Flexible and adaptable to different working locations
- Computer knowledgeable
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and information gathered will be used for recruitment purposes only.
- Job type
- Lake Hills, Bellevue, WA, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration