Cargo Operations Supervisor - Chennai , India
About the job
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Operations team in Chennai, India as Cargo Operations Supervisor.
This role ensures that QR Standards and Procedures are implemented in order to achieve overall goals, plans, supervise and support the staff in order to provide quality customer service and surpass revenue targets.
- Co-ordinate with the GHA staff on a regular basis
- Ensure all safety measures are taken by operations staff as well as GHA
- Ensure all staff adheres to optimal use of capacity to maximize revenue whenever possible on time performance for freighters
- Handle customer requirements/request professionally, resolve difficult issues and reduce customer complaints.
- Prepare the staff roster to ensure proper distribution of manpower and brief staff on changes within the industry and QR products/services
- Support Sales to keep systems updates with operational information
- Prepare Cargo Report
- Support import customers for clearance of cargo, liaise with customs authorities to facilitate smooth and timely import clearance
- Flight planning with maximum utilization of flight capacity, control and operation exports and import
- Handle discrepancies at stations and all administrative issues related to the station
- Ensure that notifications are sent officially on Cargo Arrival Information, to freight Forwarders/ Agents / Direct Customers to ensure Cargo does not stay under airlines custody for a long period.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Management
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification.
- 4 years' of job related experience
- Detailed knowledge of IATA Cargo handling, DGR, Ramp handling and Load Control experience
- Please note that this role requires the candidate to work rotating shifts, including weekends and PHs
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
- Department: Room Division Management