Qatar Airways (QR) have embarked on an exciting transformation journey to change how we interact with our customers. As part of this journey, we are now recruiting for the role of CBI (Commercial Business Intelligence) Manager.
Based in our New York office, you will be responsible for the delivery and steering of the Americas Revenue Strategy with focus on a specific demand segment and sub-segments. You will lead a team of analysts responsible for locally driving revenue performance within specific demand segments, focusing on structural and tactical initiatives encompassing fare products, incentive programs and tactics. You will drive focus on key areas of performance improvement/opportunity by communicating with local Sales and Marketing teams, providing analytical insights on performance and trends.
This represents a fantastic opportunity in a fast-paced environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution.
Specific Accountabilities include:
- Manage a segment worth $500m in revenue
- Grow QR revenue in the segment in accordance with the set annual targets
- Communicate effectively between the field and Head Office commercial teams to increase process efficiency.
- Build and sustain a best practices approach to campaign design and product development by communicating successful practices to other regions, supporting organization of best practice events across regions and adopting outcomes such best practice workshops for the region.
- Provide deep understanding of allocated market segment, customer behaviour, distribution channels and all relevant commercial processes.
- Act as a consultant between the field and Head Office to optimize our approach to market for this segment to improve the revenue.
- Proactively identify and exploit revenue generation opportunities within the region.
- Structure and execute larger scale commercial projects, managing CBI analysts and large sets of stakeholders.
- Implementation of structural fare products and incentive programs to drive incremental revenue performance whist building cost efficiencies within the segment(s) of responsibility across all relevant distribution channels.
- Deployment of tactics specific to the segment of focus, inclusive of price re-positioning actions, marketing campaigns and/or trade incentives.
- Analyse, measure and document individual performance of all implemented actions and overall segment performance trends.
- Provide regular feedback to internal stakeholders on performance trends and improvement opportunities pertaining to segmentation/products, incentive programs and tactics.
- Perform other department duties and ad-hoc tasks related to position as directed by senior management.
- Work with CBI leadership to devise the annual strategy for the segment and region.
- Take strategic targets and translate into project scopes to deliver improved commercial efficiency, reduce cost and increase revenue.
- Identify large-scale industry trends as well as new business opportunities and assess fit within QR’s business model and strategic direction.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
About you - The successful person will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Advanced MS Office - World/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook.
- Work experience in managing (processing and analysing) voluminous data.
- Experience in deriving insights from data and submitting actionable recommendations to management.
- Experience is setting in preparing and giving presentation on business performance to middle and senior management.
- Fluency in English is essential for this role.
You MUST also have the right to live and work in the US to be considered for this role.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.