About the role
Review and analyse all contracts (Revenue and Non-Revenue) seeking to mitigate risks and other unnecessary exposures of Qatar Aviation Services. As subject matter expert, provide necessary support to internal stakeholders, advising them on possible contractual & legal vulnerabilities. Ensuring that the contractual terms comply with the standards prescribed and accepted by the Qatar Airways group as well as ensuring that the contract review and approval process follows the standard approval processStrategic:
- Responsible for the provide and implementation of the contract’s management strategy in order to maximize efficiency for all QAS stakeholders.
- Act as consultant and provide expert contract management advise to business prior to contracts evaluation process
Management & Leadership:
- Analyze the contractual terms in conjunction with the internal requestor and provide legal interpretations of Standard Terms and Conditions of Contracts.
- Assess and act on events based on the severity of impact on current and future contractual obligations in full coordination with departmental internal and external stakeholders.
- Suggest contract policy review and improvement of procedures and resolve any disputes that arise and identify areas for improvement in the company's hiring processes.
- Manage the development and implementation of the full range of contract formation, negotiation, control, and administration policies and processes in line with corporate objectives.
- Responsible for assisting internal stakeholders to develop scope of services documents to support the bidding process and technical bid evaluations.
- Identify legal potential risks and threats to the Projects and propose an appropriate mitigation plan in each case in order to eliminate the risk factor.
- Ensures effective, timely, and systematic preparation of contracts that are about to expire so QAS has all contracts are up to date.
- Ensure the implementation of standards and services development contracts, covering all relevant business operational area so that all operational requirements are met with standard quality to our internal and external customer.
- Secure that the document approval process is following the desired format in terms of physical handling of contracts and approvals
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Be part of an extraordinary story
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- To be committed and contribute to the National talent development, by coaching the national developees, preparing them for a career with boundless potential. Leading to the program’s continued growth and success.
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible Qualifications About you:
About Qatar Airways Group
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 8 years of job-related experience
- Work experience in Contracts management 5 years
- Work experience in Heavy duty Equipment’s spare parts Contracts
- Command of English language
- Understanding of Contracts and legal requirements of running a successful company
- Process-driven mentality, so that we have a good basis for contracts processes.
- Good leadership skills of a diverse population
- Good project management skills, with the ability to handle many tasks, both large and small
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community