Qatar Airways have embarked on an exciting transformation journey to change how we interact with our customers. As part of this journey, we are now recruiting for the role of Public Relations Assistant Americas.
Based in New York, you will assist and supports the Regional PR Manager for the region in various day to day administrative and coordination tasks, ensuring the smooth running of daily operations and success of PR efforts.
Specific Accountabilities include:
- Work closely with the PR Manager for the region to undertake general administrative duties including running mail, collecting/distributing documents & materials, bill payments, filing, photocopying.
- Meet & Assist QR VIP Guests.
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists updated for Regional PR Manager on all ongoing and upcoming activities in the region.
- Assist Regional PR Manager in research work and planning of regional PR activities and documenting of meeting minutes for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Assist the regional offices in logistics and execution of events and conferences, campaigns and all ad hoc activities as directed by the PR Manager and ensures that all stakeholders are informed and updated.
- Assists the regional PR Manager in providing effective administrative support and coordination with QR offices/departments, colleagues, supervisors, senior management, media outlets, vendors, visitors/guests and other external clients.
- Provide assistance in compiling media materials such as press releases, newsletters, reports, PR metrics, speeches and presentations.
- Liaise with PR agencies for weekly and monthly reporting.
The successful person will have:
- At least one years’ experience within PR, events, marketing or journalism
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as function as part of a team
- Meticulous, organised with excellent MS Office skills including MS Powerpoint
Only US Citizens and US permanent Residents will be considered for the role. The position is not eligible for a visa sponsorship.