Meeting & Events Sales Coordinator (013344)
Job Number: 013344
Job Title: Meeting & Events Sales Coordinator
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type (Employment Type): Temporary Contract
Salary Interval: Not Specified
Category/Department: Sales / Marketing / Public Relation
Rank/level of position: Line Employee
Level of Education: Four-Year Degree
Years of Experience: 3
Application Date: 31/07/2018
Is BLU for you?
Are you passionate and driven enough to pack our events diary? We’ve got first class meeting space, your challenge is to fill it. If you say Yes I Can! here at the Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp we’re looking for first class people just like you!
At Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, we stand out together as one team and make memorable moments for our guests.
Our Meeting & Events Co-ordinator need to motivate through inspirational leadership, a passion for success and driving empowerment.
Building loyal relationships with clients and guests, sophistication and style is what we are looking for.
Communication & Negotiation Skills:
• Ensure all offers & contracts sent by the team are according to RHG standards with correct information and spelling
• Ensure all due deposits are paid on time
• Ensure activities for follow up are done on a daily basis
• Ensure follow up is done on return business
• Facilitate FAM trips for MICE organizers together with MICE Sales Manager
• Ensure follow up of files before, during and after the event
• Interact actively with existing, potential and new clients inside and outside the hotel
• Ensure all customer specifications for events are communicated to all involved departments
Planning & Organizing:
• Attend credit meetings & follow up on outstanding payments
• Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts and execute action plans to increase revenue;
• Ensure all input of business blocks, revenue and activities in Opera is correct
• Guarantee quality and service to meeting guests
• Support the operational departments during large events
• Achieve profit goals by ensuring that negotiated conference and banqueting rates are in line with hotel profit objectives
• Approve PM charges
• Keep effective internal communication to ensure optimum team work and productivity
• Ensure offers are always up to date and meet and exceed customer expectations
• Is pro-active to incorporate trends and new evolutions in the M&E product together with the Director of Sales and the Meetings & Event team
• Ensure all hotel staff is aware of M&E standards where appropriate
• Ensure all event request calls are done according to the RHG standards for test calls
• Be Manager on Duty
Position Requirements and Offer Details
• Strong communication skills and fluent in Dutch, English and French – both written and spoken
• Excellent administrative organization
• Strong organizational skills
• Profound knowledge of Word and Excel, knowledge of hotel reservation system is a plus
• Guest friendliness
• Assertiveness to deal with a variety of situations and clients
Hotel or Business Details
Located directly across from the city’s major train station, this architecturally stunning hotel in Antwerp also provides easy access to the Diamond District and the fashion quarter. The 247 soon to be refurbished rooms feature design by Michael Graves and amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet and individual climate control.
Square Brasserie and Terrace serves Belgian and international dishes paired with Belgian beers, and Windows of Antwerp hosts the Super Breakfast Buffet each morning.
Two floors of conference facilities, including 18 meeting rooms, a ballroom and a business center, provide an ideal setting for business gatherings or special events.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible