Ambitious, thirsty for results and love interacting with people? Excited by the energetic and customer-centric role of Sales? Then why not come and join us at the Radisson Hotel Group to Make Every Moment Matter! where our guests can relax and enjoy the experience!
Our Sales Team with their winning edge and passion for driving revenue and growth, strives to deliver a hospitality experience that is beyond expectation - creating memorable moments for our guests.
As Sales Manager, you will join a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service where we believe that anything is possible, whilst having fun in all that we do!
Then why not become one of the first members of the Pre Opening team of our newest Radisson Blu Hotel in Juba, South Sudan. A stunning property that will set the benchmark in hospitality in East Africa in Q1 2021.
The hotel will consist of 154 spacious guestrooms and suites, 6 Restaurants and Bars, 870sqm of Banquet and Meeting Space, outside pool, Fitness Centre and SPA.
As Sales Manager, you will ensure to consistently perform at all times at the highest levels, delivering outstanding quality of services at all times, whilst maintaining the great spirit of an exceptional team.
You will need prior experience in Africa or similar remote and challenging destinations in a 5-Star hotel or resort. A healthy dose of humour, adventure, flexibility and patience will come in very handy to succeed.
Interested then why not say Yes I Can! as we are looking for passionate people just like you!
Key Responsibilities of the Sales Manager:
- Supports the smooth running of the sales department, where all aspects of the hotel’s pro-active sales initiatives are delivered and total revenue maximised
- Works proactively to improve guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and timely response to guest enquiries and problem resolution
- Delivers on plans and objectives where sales initiatives & hotel targets are achieved
- Manages the sales team fostering a culture of growth, development and performance within the department
- Responsible for the departmental budget, ensuring that costs and inventory are controlled, that productivity and performance levels are attained
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Reviews and scrutinizes the business performance, providing recommendations that will drive financial performance
- Ensures adherence and compliance to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required
- Africa- preferable East Africa experience
- Previous experience in remote locations
- Previous pre-opening experience
- Excellent training skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in a high pressure environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Self-driven, passionate and creative about the hospitality industry
- Must be able to deliver promises made at all times
- Excellent grooming standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 5 years experience in a senior role in a hotel rooms area
- Proven leadership skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, OPERA S&C
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Detailed orientated with good English, able to coach & train
- Proven experience in Hotel Sales with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent managerial skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Commitment to exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering advice and recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Experienced in using IT systems on various platforms
- Strong communication skills
Juba, the capital of the youngest nation South Sudan is rapidly developing to become a major hub in East Africa. A nation prone to be one of the richest countries in Africa soon due to its large oil reserves.
Juba is not a destination for the faint-hearted, but a perfect place for a courageous leader able to deal with daily challenges. A great opportunity to make a name for yourself as part of the winning team opening this stunning hotel.
Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests and be part of the most inspired hotel company in the world. At Radisson Hotel Group we believe that people are our number one asset. As one of the world’s largest hotel companies, we are always looking for great people to join our team. If this sounds like an ambition you share, then start with us.
To find out more about the Radisson Hotel Group, our Culture and Beliefs, then why not visit us at careers.radissonhotels.com.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
db San Antonio