Are you passionate and driven enough to fill our house? We’ve got first class rooms … your challenge is to fill them at the best rate.
Then why not become one of the first members of the Pre Opening team of our newest Radisson Blu Hotel in Juba, South Sudan. A stunning property which will set the benchmark in hospitality in East Africa in Q1 2021.
The hotel will consist of 154 spacious guestrooms and suites, 6 Restaurants and Bars, 870sqm of Banquet and Meeting Space, outside pool, Fitness Centre and SPA.
You will need prior experience in Africa or similar remote and challenging destinations in a 5-Star hotel or resort. A healthy dose of humour, adventure, flexibility and patience will come in very handy to succeed.
Our Reservations Team are natural organizers, sales driven with finicky attention to detail and totally tuning into guests needs. They are first class and strive to deliver a hospitality experience that is beyond expectation - creating memorable moments for our guests.
As Revenue Manager, you will be holding one of the most crucial and important roles in the hotel - setting the right pricing and selling strategies to maximize revenues and ensure the highest possible REVPAR. This role will primarely responsible for developing and implementing revenue management principles and strategies for the rooms area in the first stage. Second stage will cover all other sell-able spaces in the hotel. An exciting role for a multi talent.
Interested then why not say Yes I Can! as we are looking for passionate people just like you!
Key Responsibilities of the Revenue Manager:
- Supports the smooth running of the revenue management department, where all aspects of the hotel’s reservations and meeting & events enquiries are managed and handled
- Works proactively to maximize guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution
- Under the direct supervision and guidance of the General Manager develops and implements strategies where key revenue management metrics are identified, communicated and delivered
- Effectively manages the life cycle of the team within the department, fostering a culture of growth, development and performance
- Responsible for the departmental budget, ensuring that costs and inventory are controlled, that productivity and performance levels are attained
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Reviews, analyzes and scrutinizes the business performance, providing recommendations that will drive financial performance
- Ensures adherence and compliance to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required
Requirements of the Revenue Manager:
- Africa- preferable East Africa experience
- Previous experience in remote locations
- Previous pre-opening experience
- Proven experience in revenue management with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent training skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Expert in using OPERA, S&C
- Experience in establishing Operating Budgets and P&L Projections
- An eye for detail and a focus on execution – and on the bottom line
- Proven ability to exceed budgeted KPIs and financial results
- Excellent financial, analytical and cost control skills; strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail, exemplary work ethics and professional values
- Excellent Presentation skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in a high pressure environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Self-driven, passionate and creative about the hospitality industry
- Accountable for the financial performance
- Excellent grooming standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- At least 5 years experience as Revenue Manager
- Finance background an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Detailed orientated with good English, able to coach & train
Juba, the capital of the youngest nation South Sudan is rapidly developing to become a major hub in East Africa. A nation prone to be one of the richest countries in Africa soon due to it's large oil reserves.
Juba is not a destination for the faint-hearted, but a perfect place for a courageous leader able to deal with daily challenges. A great opportunity to make a name for yourself as part of the winning team opening this stunning hotel.
Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests and be part of the most inspired hotel company in the world. At Radisson Hotel Group we believe that people are our number one asset. As one of the world’s largest hotel companies, we are always looking for great people to join our team. If this sounds like an ambition you share, then start with us.
To find out more about the Radisson Hotel Group, our Culture and Beliefs, then why not visit us at careers.radissonhotels.com.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.