· Achieves budgeted goals by executing sales activities within assigned market segment.
· Makes applicable number of sales calls per week, included in the number is site inspections, follow ups.
· Assists in the development of annual sales goals.
· Assists in the completion of reports.
· Ensure own function operates within cost restraints.
· Maintains effective internal and external communication.
· Meets budgeted sales and profit margins by soliciting, selling, and confirming business as required.
· Prepares proposals with the Director of Sales that are geared to maximize profit while satisfying guest needs.
· Utilizes the “sales success” techniques.
· Uses outside sales calls to solicit existing and new guests
· Qualifies prospective leads.
· Conducts on-site client inspections and entertainment.
· Contacts in-house guests to foster additional business, repeat bookings, or referrals to other Rezidor hotels
· Coordinates activities related to booked business with other departments
· Communicates guests’ requests to all departments in an effective and timely manner
· Ensures maximum occupancy on a daily basis by performing follow ups on progress of groups and other business booked.
· Increases sales volume and profitability by formulating and executing projects for all market areas as stated in the business plan
· Develops plans, special sales activities, and promotions for assigned market segments.
· Conducts market analysis to determine guest needs, occupancy potential, desired rates, etc…
· Attends Rezidor/Brand sales blitz, and/or trade shows in key market cities to develop new business and to contact established clients in these cities.
· Communicates requests for special accommodation and suites
· Prepares accurate forecasts as requested
· Pre-blocks all special requests or VIP accommodations accurately.
· Keeps Sales Department informed of group booking status
· Communicates with Front Office Manager all Group VIP’s for appropriate treatment
· Ensure all reservations are tracked correctly for statistical purposes
· Follows up on commissions and other fees paid to travel agencies etc.
· Liases with the Accounts Payable Department regarding credit issues
· Seek business opportunities for other hotels within the Region while conducting sales calls (primary focus being hotel employed at)
· Thorough research to be conducted during customer meetings in order to avoid information duplication sourcing.
· Sales leads to be sent to Director of Sales /Sales Manager of hotel where opportunity exists.
· Monthly sales lead list to be maintained and sent to hotel sales team.