Do you have an appetite for all things Food & Beverage? Then why not come and join us at the Radisson Hotel Group to Make Every Moment Matter! where our guests can relax and enjoy the experience!
Our Food & Beverage Service Team are sophisticated hosts with an instinctive ability to anticipate guests’ needs by being in the right place at the right time and delivering a hospitality experience that goes above and beyond - creating memorable moments for our guests.
As Server/ Waiter/ Waitress, you will join a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service where we believe that anything is possible, whilst having fun in all that we do! The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service consistent with the standards of Radisson Blu Hotel and in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
Then why not become one of the first members of the Pre-Opening team of our newest Radisson Blu Hotel in Juba, South Sudan. A stunning property which will set the benchmark in hospitality in East Africa in Q2 2021.
The hotel will consist of 154 spacious guestrooms and suites, 6 Restaurants and Bars, 870sqm of Banquet and Meeting Space, outside pool, Fitness Centre and SPA.
As Server/ Waiter/ Waitress, you will ensure to consistently perform at all times at the highest levels, delivering an outstanding quality of services at all times, whilst maintaining the great spirit of an exceptional team. An excellent opportunity for the right individual to build a perfect base to a career in the F&B department - The Sky is the Limit!
You will need prior experience in East Africa or similar remote and challenging destinations in a 5-Star hotel or resort. A healthy dose of humour, adventure, flexibility, and patience will come in very handy to succeed. Interested then why not say Yes I Can! as we are looking for passionate people just like you!
Key Responsibilities of the Server/ Waiter/ Waitress:
- Responsible to Outlet Supervisor, Assistant Food and Beverage Manager.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and name tag at all times according to the hotel's dress code & RHG grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Ensure courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and the surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental training, and hotel-initiated training scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements of the Server/ Waiter/ Waitress:
- Proven experience in a Food & Beverage service role, luxury hotels experience is preferred
- Strong command of the English language - excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances, and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Excellent appearance and grooming standards
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering advice, and recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Hands-on approach with a can-do work style
- Commitment to delivering exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions taking ownership for duties and tasks assigned
Juba, the capital of the youngest nation South Sudan is rapidly developing to become a major hub in East Africa. A nation prone to be one of the richest countries in Africa soon due to it's large oil reserves.
Juba is not a destination for the faint-hearted, but a perfect place for a courageous leader able to deal with daily challenges. A great opportunity to make a name for yourself as part of the winning team opening this stunning hotel.
Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests and be part of the most inspired hotel company in the world. At Radisson Hotel Group we believe that people are our number one asset. As one of the world’s largest hotel companies, we are always looking for great people to join our team. If this sounds like an ambition you share, then start with us.
To find out more about the Radisson Hotel Group, our Culture and Beliefs, then why not visit us at careers.radissonhotels.com.