Raffles Hotels & Resorts is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. Unique with its own distinct personality, each Raffles hotel distinguishes itself with the highest standards of product and service.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who have the talent, dedication, drive and passion to be part of a leading global luxury hospitality brand.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To answer and respond effectively to all enquiries on Hotel reservations in a knowledgeable, courteous and prompt manner.
- Respond to enquiries about hotel products and services by telephone, fax, email etc.
- Determine guest needs and quote the appropriate room and rate as per requirements
- Accurate input of booking information into the OPERA Reservation System
- Arrange accommodation, visas and activities for leisure, corporate & wholesaler’s guests
- Has an understanding of Groups – including cut-off dates, blocking and booking policies
- Sell the Raffles Group products and services using up-selling techniques
- Understand Revenue management strategies, sell levels and sell directed rates and apply these methods as per available hotel Inventory
- Has full knowledge of hotel facilities and services to promote its products and services
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc.
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions
- Coordinate and communicate with all other departments to ensure a smooth operation
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Type a variety of documents such as letters, memos and minutes
- File and organize a variety of documents and maintain stationery and office supplies
- Prepare monthly staff attendance report for Payroll Clerk
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a confidential manner when applicable
- Adhere to the hotel’s occupational, health and safety policies
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Report any equipment failures/problems & repair requests to Maintenance Department
- To participate in any training/development programs as recommended by supervisor
- Diploma from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Previous experience in Reservation Management is an asset. Minimum of 1 years
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to develop rapport with colleagues and management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with all hotel guests and patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Job type
- Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract