An Iconic Return. A Legendary Welcome.
At Raffles Hotel Singapore, we help you do your best.
We welcome guests in 2019 as we write a new chapter after an extensive restoration, breathing new life into the storied hotel. With a diverse range of careers for different talents and personalities, we invite you to be part of the Raffles legend and share your passion for hospitality with the world. Experience a tremendous opportunity to grow and develop with a global luxury hospitality brand in an oasis for the well-travelled.
The position is responsible for achieving and maintaining the highest standards of food preparation quality and guest satisfaction. Main responsibilities includes, but not limited to, marketing, staffing, quality, training and development of team members.
- Responsible for monitoring food quality and consistency to ensure that the food presented to our guest is of the highest quality standards.
- Supervises and monitors kitchen operations, works with yield testing, product identification and that the proper rotation and labelling is followed accordingly to written guidelines for food produce specifications.
- Works closely with receiving and storeroom and ensures that goods received are of the standard quality and meets hotel’s specifications.
- Constantly assesses freshness, presentation and temperature of food served.
- Ensures food portioning, serving, requisitions and receiving from stores are properly controlled in line with Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimise wastage.
HYGIENE AND SANITATION
- To be responsible for personal hygiene and grooming in accordance to Raffles Hotel Singapore standards, National Environmental Agency standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Enforces the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in kitchens. This includes working areas including, but not restricted to; refrigerators, freezers, ceiling, walls, floors, shelving working tables and working utensils such as carving boards, slicer, mixers, blenders, cutters, woks, pots, pans, etc.
- Ensures that all equipment is hygienically stored in its designated area.
- Ensures that all perishable items are stored quickly and efficiently, all items are utilised completely to avoid wastage. Ensure ingredients are always fresh and within its expiry date.
- Prevents using spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation. Colleagues who are ill or suffering from an infection should be not involved in the preparation or handling of food.
WORK AS PART OF THE F&B CULINARY TEAM
- Ensures smooth and effective communication amongst the kitchens and with other departments.
- Ensures that all deadlines set by supervisors are met.
- Participates in training activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Follows guidelines provided in employee handbook.
- Understands workplace safety and health procedures, HAACP standards and emergency procedures.
INVOLVEMENT IN WIDER JOB FUNCTION RELATIONSHIPS
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues, supervisors and managers.
- Builds guest loyalty and develops a professional relationship with local guests and regular patrons.
- Continually improves product through obtaining feedback from guests and patrons.
- Upholds Accor values of Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect, when undertaking any tasks and in any internal and external interactions.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that supports ‘Planet 21’ initiatives (Accor’s Corporate Social Responsibility program).
Raffles Hotels & Resorts
With a history dating back to 1887, when Raffles Singapore opened its grand colonial doors for the first time, Raffles Hotels & Resorts, part of the AccorHotels Group, is an award-winning, international brand.
A global portfolio of twelve landmark properties embodies the spirit and elegant aesthetic of the brand. From secluded resorts to city hotels, the iconic Raffles experience is found in Singapore, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Philippines, UAE, Saudi Arabia, The Seychelles, Turkey, Poland and France.
Every hotel and resort in the Raffles family has a unique personality. Each has a story to tell and a distinct sense of place. What unites them, and makes them indefinably and sublimely Raffles, is their proud dedication to the legendary Raffles tradition of delivering thoughtful, personal and discreet service.
Every employee wears a pin bearing the Travellers’ Palm because it is the symbol of the oasis. Travellers of old would drink the water stored in the base of its cup-like leaves, and use its East-West orientation as an informal compass. It is a reminder that the spirit of hospitality and sanctuary is alive and well at every Raffles hotel and resort.