DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & BUSINESS SUPPORT
The Director, Finance and Business Support is a member of the Executive Committee and is responsible directly to the Executive Director, Operations Accounting and indirectly to the hotel’s Managing Director. Property Overview: This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping. Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Managing Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The Director, Finance & Business Support will assist in preparing, in conjunction with the Managing Director and other department heads, the annual budget, capital budgets and the rolling forecasts. He/she will establish the annual budget preparation procedures and guidelines.
- To provide accurate and complete financial and management reports on a timely and accurate basis to hotel management, corporate office and owners in accordance with the company and ownership reporting requirements and policy. In addition, the Director, Finance and Business Support is responsible for reporting accurately and timely, the actual results as compared to budget/forecast results. He/she is to maintain adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for furniture, equipment and operating equipment to the budgeted amounts.
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of the financial data and communicating this in a comprehensible form, of meaningful variations in the operations.
- To assist other department heads in the development and implementation of “corrective action plans” on internal and or external audit and operational reports.
- To assist in the development and implementation of benchmarking techniques that will enable the hotel to enhance revenues while improving productivity and cost efficiencies.
- To seek, identify and implement throughout the hotel best practices that will serve to enhance revenues, guest service and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
- Ensure cash flow is adequate to meet the needs of the operations. Approve all cash disbursements and ensure that all disbursements are properly documented and executed.
- Enforce the SOX and PCI Security regulations.
- Approve all rebates, adjustments and allowances in accordance with company policy.
- The position is directly accountable to manage the hotel accounting department, information and internal control systems and hotel finances in accordance with all policy and procedures.
- This position is accountable for the development, documentation, and support of Financial Polices and Operational Procedures to include performance monitoring as it relates to the hotels and the Residence.
- To protect the owners and the management company’s interest in the hotel assets and operations.
- To participate in the development, maintenance and adherence to a single chart of accounts, payroll and expense dictionary, and the function of accounts in order that the hotels financial and statistical data is accurately and consistently recorded and reported.
- Has a fiduciary responsibility to the Company and/or Owners for ensuring the hotels are reporting in compliance with the policies, the Uniform Chart of Accounts and hotel management or other contractual arrangements with respect to accounting matters.
- The analysis of the balance sheet accounts, on a selected basis and the preparation of the monthly internal benchmarking and operational performance analysis reports.
- Manage all facets of the capital process. Ensure all hotels establish and maintain the tracking of fixed assets sub-ledgers and depreciation.
- The safe keeping of all lease and contracts and any other legal records and documents, which may affect the financial status of the hotel. Such documents are to be listed and keep current on the Critical Date List.
- To ensure that hotel accounting department is operating efficiently and at an optimum staffing levels, so that there are succession plans in place for the top three positions.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring credit and collection procedures and guidelines pursuant to “adopted” corporate credit policies.
- The Director will be a highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, and analytical skills. Strong systems background needed.
- College/University Diploma in Accountancy or any related field
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant
- Similar Experience in the same role or a Asst. Director level
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving Skills
- Analytical and Detailed Oriented
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Presentable and well groomed
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Technology Experience in MS Excel/Word, Back Office Program, mF Opera, mF S&C, mF micros 9700 , mF Materials Control
Visa Requirements: Open to Filipino National Only. The property is unable to process/support work visa application.
- Job type
- Makati, Philippines
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract