In Room Dining Server
The primary function of the IRD Server is to possess a passion to anticipate and meet and exceed our guest’s needs and will also possess an insatiable desire to attain the highest levels of quality and cleanliness in all areas of the Food and Beverage Operations. The Server must provide prompt, courteous and efficient food and beverage service in a luxury 5-stars brand inspired hotel environment where attention to detail is key.
Hotel Overview: This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, scheduled to open in late 2012, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Assistant Manager and / or Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Report to manager 5 minutes prior to scheduled shift fully groomed according to Fairmont Standards with all personal service supplies on hand.
- Read communication board/log book.
- Communicate with out going shift, if applicable.
- Participate in departmental meetings and shift line-ups.
- Know the ingredients, preparation, and proper presentation of all menu items and specials and ensure that every product delivered to the guest adheres to the highest quality possible.
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient food and beverage service.
- Answer all phone calls directed to In Room Dining.
- Demonstrate Fairmont’s Service Plus Standards in all interactions.
- Basic computer knowledge (Micros or other POS Systems).
- Previous food and beverage experience in a luxury hotel setting is an asset.
- Must be physically fit in order to lift trays of food or food items up to 25 kilograms.
- Must have a very flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Food handling certificate is an asset.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
- Strong Food & Beverage knowledge
- Highly detail oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Creative, self-motivated and energetic team-player.
- Able to smile and perform under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Passion for food and beverage
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the Philippines.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Makati, Philippines
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract