Spa and Fitness Manager
Property Overview: This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct operations of the facility, including short and long range strategic planning so that spa operates cost effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the establishment and execution of all departmental goals.
- Manager, train, and motivate all personnel reporting to this position.
- Serve as link between the hotel and spa industry.
- Meet with group meeting planners to show spa facility and programs as required.
- Tour prospective spa guests.
- Promote and sell customized spa programs to conference group as required.
- Provide and take responsibility for the professional delivery of all information on the telephone and in person to all potential spa guests.
- Promote all hotel and spa packages and promotions.
- Lead the implementation of 12-month marketing plan.
- Identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Work efficiently with Marketing Communications in all aspects of spa/hotel promotion as required.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, product offering, pricing, promotions, and sales techniques.
- Administration and implementation of staff training in all aspects of the spa’s operations, i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, body scrubs, facials, etc.)
- Assist is supervision, operation and coverage of all spa departments:
- Fitness Center
- Willow Stream Spa
- Raffles/Fairmont Pool
- Ensure effective communication amongst all departments within the hotel.
- Establishment of professional business relationship with all vendors and development of all products inventories.
- Ensure adherence of standard operating procedures for each department.
- Ensure adherence of departmental and facility policies.
- Establishment of ongoing administrative controls
- Assist in recruitment, development and training of all spa and fitness center colleagues
- Adhere to Spa Policy and Standard Operating Manual.
- Ensure monthly/weekly departmental communication meetings are effective.
- Available for managers and colleague inquiries.
- Communications: Respond / review voice-mail and e-mail messages.
- Facility walk-through to have visual presence within department for all Fitness and Spa colleagues.
- Current or previous experience as assistant manager/manager in a similar operation.
- Guest focused with a passion for service and standards excellence
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop team members
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fitness and Spa operations
- Knowledge of Opera or Property Manager, Word, Excel, and Windows XP.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise responsibilities
- Hospitality/Business Diploma/Degree an asset
Visa Requirements: Open to Filipino national only. The property is unable to support work visa application.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
- Job type
- Makati, Philippines
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract