Commis 1 - Fine Dining
As a Commis, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food and Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping. Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chef De Cuisine responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Execute assigned duties to exceed set standards and guest satisfaction.
Maintain quality and consistency levels of production and presentation, as directed.
Ensures waste is minimized through adhering to established par level, production, and waste standards.
Ensures productivity through organization, continued training and learning.
Follows a set schedule and records daily time sheets as dictated by the Sous Chef.
Maintain and set sanitation, hygiene, and safety standards.
Establishes and maintains effective colleague relations and inter-departmental working relations.
Ensures all standardized recipes are utilized and followed.
Attends and contributes to all meetings called for.
Other duties and responsibilities as dictated by the culinary leadership, not mentioned in this document.
- College/University Diploma in Culinary
- At least 1 – 2 years experience in a Fine Dining Restaurant
- Good English communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- Presentable, well groomed with leadership quality.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Excellent organizational skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent lifting and occasionally required to lift up to 50lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Open to Filipino National Only. The property is unable to support/process work visa application.
ABOUT OUR COMPANYAt Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Makati, Philippines
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract