ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
Purpose of the role:
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager for Shangri-La Regional Sales Office in Dubai, UAE. You will maximize Sales & Revenue for the company from the GCC and ME markets. You will also be representing Shangri-La in these markets, therefore candidates need to ensure that all dealings with clients and our hotels are conducted in a professional manner. Business Development manager will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To act within the policies of the company and within the agreed budget. To accomplish objectives/targets as approved in the annual Regional Sales Office Marketing Plan, as well as own personal targets agreed with the DOSM.
• In accordance with the sales action plan actively sell and promote of Shangri-La’s Hotels to all market segments (Corporate/Leisure FIT, Corporate/Leisure Groups, MICE and Consortia) in the specified territories.
• With a call frequency and account rating established, create and maintain at all times updated data in Delphi.
• To assist and support the hotel property sales staff in their own selling efforts within the region by helping to organize and coordinate sales visits, prioritizing markets for solicitation to the property’s needs.
• Assist with planning regional activities such as the ME Sales Mission and road shows.
• Attend tradeshows and other local functions to increase the exposure for Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
• Maintain and seek out new opportunities within the assigned territories in order to assist in developing further business.
• Establish and maintain positive relationship with Corporate, Airlines, DMCs, NTOs etc., within the region.
• Seek out new and effective ways to improve sales efforts to stay ahead of the competition.
• Use all sources of potential lead information to prospect for new business.
• Communicate promotional opportunities, competitors’ activities and general observations on market trends to the DOSM and the hotels, when appropriate.
• Make recommendations to the DOSM for any changes in the sales strategy felt necessary to enhance business.
• Work to a given budget given by the DOSM.
• Create a positive working relationship among the office staff that emphasizes a high degree of professionalism.
• Executes effective business development strategies that will ensure a continued and sustainable profitable growth.
• Responsible for continuous assessment of pipeline accounts to evaluate their viability and potential.
• Conduct sales trips to assigned major market areas Ensure compliance with SLIM Delphi standard and integrity of database.
• Maintain account files and trace system
• Prepare weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports as required
• Follow procedures and systems set-up for workload flow
• Assist with yearly marketing report/budget as needed
• Mandatory - Fluency in Arabic and English languages.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of similar experience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible