ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
Purpose of the Role:
Area Director of Finance will provide strategic and proactive financial leadership ensuring appropriate financial focus. This person will support of the Regional EVP to drive the growth of the business in order to achieve profit targets. The chosen candidate will also support the Vice President Finance in implementing Shangri-La Financial Strategy.
- Ongoing financial review across hotels, general accounting management, and system process review and development.
- Annual operating and capital budgets - oversight, and monthly review to ensure achievement of the HUB’s/ Hotels financial objectives.
- Act as a business advisor to the HUB EVP and Excom members by providing insights that support informed decision-making.
- Manage capital projects through ongoing cost analysis and reporting to stakeholders.
- Serve as a “hands-on” business partner to HUB team, GM’s, VPF & FC to optimize business performance.
- Ensure that a strong system of internal controls, compliance and related procedures are actively executed within the business. Oversee implementation of IA recommendation.
- Partner with hotels to monitor and drive alignment between actual performance, budget and the long range strategic plan; and on necessary corrective actions and opportunities to leverage resources and investment. Constantly benchmark with external environment.
- Review and monitor compliance of Hotel Management Agreement terms and conditions including various trigger clauses.
- Oversee the HUB Finance.
We are looking for an individual that understands what it takes to be the best, preferably with proven success in a similar environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of simillar experience.
- Knowledge of cash flow management.
- Knowledge of shared services will be an added advantage.
- Strong dedication to purpose and a commitment to the highest standards of performance within time and budget constraints.
- Organisational skills with ability to deliver a high volume of quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Job type
- United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible