ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
Purpose of the role:
We are currently seeking a Sales Manager, MICE - Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Eastern Europe to be based at Shangri-La Regional Sales Office in Germany, Frankfurt. You will assist in maximising sales, revenue and room nights, for the company throughout the mentioned areas. You will be representing Shangri-La in these countries, therefore candidates need to ensure that all dealings with clients and our hotels are conducted in a professional manner. Sales Managers will report directly to the Director of Sales and supervise Sales co-ordinator''s.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in co-ordination with the DOS to produce the annual Marketing Plan and Budget for the above areas.
- Organize familiarization trips and take part when necessary.
- Assist in organizing trade shows, exhibitions and sales missions.
- Ensure response to all clients’enquiries is timely, efficient and according to the group policies.
- Conduct tele-sales and follow-up accordingly, supporting ongoing account qualification and development.
- Research new sources of business within the MICE segment, working with partners - DMCs, airlines and tourism boards.
- Liaise with hotel executives in the co-ordination of their sales visits to the marketplace.
- Handle group requests and follow-ups with the hotels, supported by the Sales Co-ordinator.
- Together with the DOS, assist in accomplishing the agreed target and objectives set out in the Regional Sales Office’s Marketing Plan.
- Create and contribute to the positive working relationship among the RSO staff and the DOS, which emphasises the highest degree of professionalism.
- Represent Shangri-La in a highly professional manner to the MICE industry.
- Focus on the key MICE accounts to ensure the maximum amount of exposure is secured for our hotels at every opportunity.
- Establish a strong database of MICE primary, secondary and tertiary levels with the view to gain a solid following of clients and potential regular repeat business.
- Initiate and conduct regular sales-review meetings and regular training as agreed, to ensure a full understanding of the Shangri-La product, driving future leads.
- Develop an annual Marketing Plan and work closely with those hotels involved to maximise the value for them.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently at all times on behalf of our hotels and with relevant clients when negotiating rates and promoting our key business tools, including Golden Circle, Events Collection and any MICE partnerships established.
- Assist in promoting the key Shangri-La destinations and provide new and original ideas to win business for our key MICE properties.
- Place emphasis on maintaining all Salesforce Global data. Record meetings and ensure follow-up is done in order to convert all leads to confirmed business.
- Where appropriate, represent the company at travel fairs, trade shows and trade exhibitions, including IMEX in Frankfurt.
- Plan, prepare and support the MICE Sales Mission by contributing to MICE sales appointments and specific events organised on behalf of the visiting hotels.
- Oversee the implementation of tactical promotions to the MICE market.
- Assist new hotel openings which are relevant to the market, with their pre-opening marketing activity plans, focusing on the MICE market segment.
- Submit a monthly sales expense report to the DOS.
- Submit a monthly report to the DOS on sales activities and market intelligence/trends.
- Mandatory - Fluency in German and English languages.
- Highly desireble to have knowledge of the hotel/travel industry.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Starting in
- As soon as possible